[RELEASE] Installatron (DirectAdmin auto script installer)

UltimeWWW said:
Hi,

You corrected some issues I was having but I still have problems. It says that I don't have any spare databases available although the account has unlimited databases.

Got an idea?
You're sure? :) I'd try again, as that only spawns when DA throws a "cannot create DB" error. Also, not that it should matter, but what version of PHP are you running? I'm on PHP 4.3.4.

Eagle1 said:
I deleted the old version and I tried .4,but all I get at HTM_XSERV is blank page with no errors.
I doubt you've configured your skin right. Post the contents of /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/{whatever}/xserv.html (or the contents of xserv.html where your skin resides).

Still getting this:

We could not create a database for this installation. Make sure you have at least one database remaining and try again. Feel free to contact your administrator for assistance.

The tarball file for the current version has been updated with this fix. Simply rm /usr/local/directadmin/itron_v.4.tar.gz and re-do the bulleted steps in original post :) Sorry about that..

Also, I've edited installatron.sh to remove the used tar.gz after an install/upgrade. No more worrying about removing old tarballs from now on.

Last edited:
l0rdphi1 said:
I doubt you've configured your skin right. Post the contents of /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/{whatever}/xserv.html (or the contents of xserv.html where your skin resides).

Here is what I have:

|HTM_USER_TOP|
|$/usr/local/bin/php
|?TREE=...|
<?php include '/usr/local/directadmin/xserv/loader.php'; ?>
DONE|

This was done using version .3

Eddie

Ok, I deleted the xserv.html file and I removed the HTM_XSERV=xserv.html from the files_user.conf file. This line was there three times. Then I reinstalled.

I now get the installatron, but I can't select a domain.

Seeing would be better, go to http://www.deluxetech.com:2222/HTM_XSERV, login as demo_user and demo. Try to install one of the packages. Look at what shows in the domain selection field. This is what I get on all accounts. I was getting this on ver .3 as well.

Thanks, Eddie

All I can say is WOW! Excellent job. Installation was smooth as silk, and I haven't encountered any errors whatsoever.

Maybe in a future release though clients could access using http://theirdomain.com:2222/HTM_XSERV ? instead of having to use the hostname?

I don't know how to skin yet. How would I go about adding a link in the skin itself for this? I'm guessing I edit a .html file, but which one?

bonnmac said:
All I can say is WOW! Excellent job. Installation was smooth as silk, and I haven't encountered any errors whatsoever.

Maybe in a future release though clients could access using http://theirdomain.com:2222/HTM_XSERV ? instead of having to use the hostname?
That is possible now. :) I was only using hostname as an example.

Eagle1 said:
Ok, I deleted the xserv.html file and I removed the HTM_XSERV=xserv.html from the files_user.conf file. This line was there three times. Then I reinstalled.

I now get the installatron, but I can't select a domain.

Seeing would be better, go to http://www.deluxetech.com:2222/HTM_XSERV, login as demo_user and demo. Try to install one of the packages. Look at what shows in the domain selection field. This is what I get on all accounts. I was getting this on ver .3 as well.

Thanks, Eddie
Most likely, the 'admin' password you used while running installatron.sh was incorrect. Try re-running installatron.sh with the proper (case sensitive) password and see what happens.

I'll be releasing .5 tonight with a few additions, and that should include proper admin password checking.

Just tested it and it works very nice :)

Are you planning to add a cupple of software (phpBB etc) soon on it? :)

This is what I call good scripting...that's why I think we are a good community :)

UltimeWWW said:
Is it me or we are missing the bottom part of the template? I can't see the USER_BOTTOM :)
It looks like that, haha. Re-apply step #1 here :)

UltimeWWW said:
Just tested it and it works very nice :)

Are you planning to add a cupple of software (phpBB etc) soon on it? :)

This is what I call good scripting...that's why I think we are a good community :)
Yes, actually, I am. Last night I got Gallery half implemented (pretty complicated), and things like phpbb will come. I'll shoot for Gallery and phpBB tonight :)

If you are interested i'll create special package for phpBB instead of standard one. There is a modified template system for phpBB that increases performance of forum and uses less resources (it is written by me and it is currently used on thousands of forums). Performance increase is very large and very noticable. I'm sure server owners would be very happy to use it instead of standard phpBB template system. And it is 100% compatible with default phpBB.

UltimeWWW said:
Allright, do you have a paypal? :)
Hold off on that a few days, if you can. I'm still unsure how we're going to deal with cost on this application. However, in the case v1.0 ends up pay-for, it will be very reasonably priced, I can assure you. I know in my case, I'd just like some compensation for my time, no real profit in the end. More on that soon.

CyberAlien said:
If you are interested i'll create special package for phpBB instead of standard one. There is a modified template system for phpBB that increases performance of forum and uses less resources (it is written by me and it is currently used on thousands of forums). Performance increase is very large and very noticable. I'm sure server owners would be very happy to use it instead of standard phpBB template system. And it is 100% compatible with default phpBB.
Why don't we offer both packages? That will be great.

l0rdphi1 said:
Why don't we offer both packages? That will be great.
Excellent idea. But in this case i'd better hold on with modified version because i want to add styles auto-installed to phpBB so users wouldn't bug me with questions that they always ask - how to upload style (they always ask it if they installed phpBB with any automatic installer and they have no clue about ftp).

To save you time researching here are instructions on how to install phpBB. During installation your script needs to ask user to select login, password and admin email. Here are instructions:
- download phpBB from http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpbb/phpBB-2.0.6.tar.gz or http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpbb/phpBB-2.0.6.tar.gz
- unpack
- copy phpBB2/ to website
- chmod 0666 cache
- chmod 0666 images/avatars
- insert contents of install/schemas/mysql_schema.sql
- insert contents of install/schemas/mysql_schema.sql
- run this mysql query:
UPDATE phpbb_users SET username = '{ADMIN_LOGIN}', user_regdate = '{TIME}', user_password = '{PASSWORD}', user_email = '{EMAIL}' WHERE user_id = '2'
(in query replace {ADMIN_LOGIN} with admin login, {TIME} with current time integer, {PASSWORD} with md5(admin password), {EMAIL} with admin email)
- rm -rf install
- rm -rf contrib
- write mysql configuration to config.php
config.php should look like this:
<?php
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = '{DATABASE_NAME}';
$dbuser = '{DATABASE_LOGIN}';
$dbpasswd = '{DATABASE_PASSWORD}';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
?>

Hello,

Love the idea, just wish I could get the darn thing to work :D

I get the following message when I go to the address:

Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/software.dat): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/init.php on line 231 Warning: file(/usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/installations.dat): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/init.php on line 59 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/init.php on line 61 Application Type Installs Select
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/init.php on line 107

Any ideas? Deleted multiple times and reinstalled but still get the same old message.

Reinstall for me. Then play with the chmod setting on /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/software.dat and /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/installations.dat. Needs to be writable and readable by all (I think).

Hurray! It works, you're our new hero! :D. Our clients are going to love this program, thank you for your hard work and the help!

Back