[RELEASE] Installatron (DirectAdmin auto script installer)

Problems with installers.

I am running Installatron 3.1.0 on my servers. Reading about the upgrade problems of other people on this forum I am not inclined to upgrade to 3.1.1 at the moment.

When trying to install a couple of the applications I get the following error:

=================
You have chosen to create a new installation of the e-commerce script: CubeCart
Error: Archive file for the selected script is not cached. Please ask your administrator to run the 'Update Installers and Languages' tool.
=================

I've tried to update the Installers via the control pannel but then it says that there is nothing to install.
I've deleted the installers and the cache of the applications that cannot be installed and then updated the Installers via the control panel but still nothing.

Please give me a solution to this problem and fix the upgrade problems with Installatron.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

Onno, have you posted your request on the Installatron forum as well? They might read that more often.

Jeff

INSTALLER: joomla
> Error Unable to load P_joomla into memory.
> Solution Try another Update.
INSTALLER: smf
> Error Unable to load P_smf into memory.
INSTALLER: xoops
> Error Unable to load P_xoops into memory.

We got those errors updating to 3.2.2.

3.2.2 is mostly a plesk bugfix release, as I understand it ... but I've never seen that errror. Any advice?

I hoped that was just our server.

We had to change the way unzip and untar is handled, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'll email Phil, there'll likely be a bug fix in the morning.

Row.

I can confirm this, but I've noticed that there were some PHP errors at the beginning of the update process.

PHP:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/iTron/sources/modules/admin.php(879) : eval()'d code on line 122 Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/iTron/sources/modules/admin.php(879) : eval()'d code on line 96 Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/iTron/sources/modules/admin.php(879) : eval()'d code on line 96

Last edited:
Phil fixed it. Turned out to be a typo in the installers that I modified to use the new archive extraction method. :eek:

Row.

installatron

When I go to install something, I go through the process, and everything works up until I confirm everything. I Submit it and it then goes to a blank directadmin screen. There is no confirmation page, but it DOES install the scripts. I go back to installatron and where it usually displays everything you have installed, there is nothing there?! Any ideas?

I know this thread hasn't been used in awhile, but I'd just like to say Installatron is one of THE best plugins for Direct Admin, period. It expands the functionality for my clients ten fold (60+ programs) and allows them to choose from a plethora of forums, wikis, support programs, galleries, calendars, and a whole lot more to automatically install on their account.

Trust me folks, if you haven't dealt with it before, it's a pain in the butt to receive e-mails from my users requesting help with installing "X" program for their website, but now, Installatron does it all for them!!!

Best of all, it's cheap and easy. It costs $5 per month (DIRT cheap!) or you can buy a very reasonable lifetime license. Thanks again Installatron, this totally made my day.

@l0rdphi1 don't know if you're still taking requests but we would really love to have CMS Made Simple added to your list of scripts. It's just a database install, copying over some php files and setting some permmissions right so nothing out of the ordinary. I would even want to volunteer to keep it up to date if you need that kind of help.

I think installatron might be dead...

No one has answered support tickets on their site since Jan. 5th.

Posts to their forum go unanswered.

emails to [email protected] also go unanswered.

Anyone know what happened to them?

We're still here and don't plan to go anywhere.

Some confusion was sparked by an issue with our ticket system earlier this month. The issue is now fixed, but a portion of our tickets were categorized incorrectly and responses to those tickets were delayed. If we did not respond to a ticket, PM me the ticket ID and I'll get it taken care of.

Thanks,
Phil.

Last edited:
Installtron causes issue when creating backup

I have installtron installed on my server, when my cron runs a backup, it can not create backups for the users who have installed applications from the installatron due to some files ownership/rights issue. I would not like to manually fix it for every user, so could you propose a solution?

I have installtron installed on my server, when my cron runs a backup, it can not create backups for the users who have installed applications from the installatron due to some files ownership/rights issue. I would not like to manually fix it for every user, so could you propose a solution?

I didn't catch this thread until now unfortunately. If anyone has any issues, the best way to contact us through [email protected] or our ticket system here:
https://secure.installatron.com/tickets

Regarding ownership issues, Installatron 6.1 made a lot of improvements to the underlying filesystem layer used by Installatron and should resolve any ownership problems experienced with a previous version. If any problems still persist, let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Cheers,
Phil.

Last edited:
Back