[release] Installatron v2.2

iTron v2.3rc3 is up fixing the "in_array" bug.

Make sure you're running DA version 1.22.2 before updating to this release. Thank You. ;)

Phi1.

Installatron 2.3rc3 2.3rc3

No packages for the clients.... happening on all servers. They're really not quite happy about it... a fix would be appreciated ;)

Thanks

Seems like the default for all users has been switched to OFF for all packages...

Since we have about 8 different packages on each server, is there a way to globally edit ALL to ON ?

hostpc.com said:
Seems like the default for all users has been switched to OFF for all packages...

Since we have about 8 different packages on each server, is there a way to globally edit ALL to ON ?
Yes, I replied to the other thread about this problem.

I'm going to be releasing rc4 shortly. rc4 will default all packages to ON for all groups and users.

Phi1.

Okay, 2.3rc4 is up :)

After updating, you may need to hit the 'Restore' button on iTron's main administration page to get groups listing scripts correctly.

Phi1.

Last edited:
GXX said:
*edit* i think i may have figured it out. users are not listed like they were before in the groups are they? as long as they are under a DA package, they are in the groups automagically. if so, then this makes sense now. sorry bout that.
That is correct. If a user is in a DA package, the user is not listed on iTron's group edit page.

DA users are only listed on the iTron group edit page when the user is not assigned to any package through DA. This allows you to assign such a user to an iTron group.

Phi1.

That error pops up since there are not any custom users on your box: there's only users assigned to packages :)

Regardless, that is now fixed for rc5. No harm done.

Phi1.

I can only speak for Mambo, but the version that iTron uses is both old and dangerous. I think it's vital that the iTron team patches iTron within 24 hours of patch releases.

After having replaced the downloadable applications, it would be nice to provide a way to apply patches to already installed applications ;)

I can only speak for Mambo, but the version that iTron uses is both old and dangerous. I think it's vital that the iTron team patches iTron within 24 hours of patch releases.
The download link on the mambo site is downloading the wrong version, so I've removed the mambo package until they fix that.

We typically do an update of all packages once per week (takes a couple of days to get through them), although we do updates pretty much instantly if we get word of a critical patch.

With non-critical updates we're a little more wary. We prefer to strick with a 'stable' version than test out the latest version right on release.

After having replaced the downloadable applications, it would be nice to provide a way to apply patches to already installed applications ;)
Yes, this is something we will be attempting once everything else is working perfectly. We don't actually see this as a critical feature, and it's high risk from our point of view (which I assume why no other auto-installers do it), but it's definitely something we'd like to have a go at.

Rowan.

Last edited:
Mambo 1.0.9 is only about minor issues, but 1.0.8 isn't :
"A small patch is now available to upgrade your Mambo sites to version 1.0.8. While it is small in size, it contains several fixes for some very serious security vulnerabilities that can be leveraged under certain circumstances."

All the files are there:
http://mosforge.net/frs/?group_id=5

The problem with 1.0.8 is that it was only released as a patch, so you would have had to create your own full release of 1.0.8. This is not the case anymore with 1.0.9.

And I totally agree on the high risk of patching existing versions. There should be a huge warning and a link to the backup feature next to the update button that the user can press. If he did some mods, things could go very wrong...

So the 1.0.9 download on that page is supposed to download 1.0.8? That's just weird. I'll do that version then.

No, you can download a full 1.0.9 from that page, but the full 1.0.8 was never released (only the patch was).

Well the odd thing is that if you download and install that 1.0.9 zip, the installation and files all say 1.0.8. Not sure if that's a mistake or whether they intended it to be like that, but 1.0.8 is probably worth installing anyway.

Hum, got that:

Your IP number -- 209.123.181.19 -- was not found in the Installatron.com license list.
Check your license assignment via your Installatron client account.

Also can't remember my password :mad:

Did you just buy a license or is it during an update. (If just bought, you have to wait for them to activate it)

Back