[Release] Load Monitor 0.1 - Your server loads in a fancy chart :)

Jeff it is working, is on my server from 12 hours now and is working fine.
Thanks, Andrea.
Also, i would suggest you munin for have some nice/useful graphs of services.
Isn't munin a bit of overkill when we're monitoring so many servers? I'd like something I can just take a quick look at to see if I need to do anything further, when my current tools tell me the serverload is getting a bit high.

Jeff

Well, if you want something realtime that notice you for a server load maybe nagios would be also better, i use both, nagios and munin.

If you wanna take a look on those how they look i can provide you an access so you can check and eventually decide what fitt your needs better.

Regards

Munin and nagios are overkill for simple servers and small hosting companies like mine imo, that's why I created this small plugin. If you are looking for extensive reports and realtime data this is not ment for you obviously.

What I'm specifically NOT looking for is something that runs on the same server. And also I'm specifically not looking for is something that requires a DirectAdmin login to look at.

So no, this isn't for me. I believe I've written elsewhere about a small script I wrote which takes snapshots of the first few lines of the output of 'top' every five minutes and mails them to me if the load is higher than a threshold I set.

I am running nagios on one of our servers; we installed it many years ago when we only had a few servers. Now my intention is to set up a server with only nagios or munin on it, which will monitor all our servers, giving us one place to look; a place which not coincidentally, will NOT go down because the server hosting it is too busy, because that's all the server will run. I suppose there are advantages to having been in business so long that we have servers that are now hopelessly too slow to be used for our clients.

However I certainly understand how your plugin could be very useful, though in some cases of course by the time you need to check your server it will be too busy to even log in to DirectAdmin.

Jeff

I have but I'm too busy now to remove forward. In a week or so I'll be contacting you by email.

Jeff

However I certainly understand how your plugin could be very useful, though in some cases of course by the time you need to check your server it will be too busy to even log in to DirectAdmin.

Offcoure, I know. But as my servers are merely a tiny part of my business and I'm planning to move from dedicated to VPS I was simply curious if I have any resources left on my current dedicated machine. There was not really a "kiss" solution to see a machines load back in time without having to install fancy tools.

Nice

Hello all,
first it is a nice tool, i have one problem with this i can not open the Menu in the header.
Please look the picture attach...
Thanks for Help

25-08-2012 18-20-32.png

Server OS is CENTOS 5.8

Regards

Thomas

Hello all,
i have on Problem withe the plugin , all 5 min i come a message with this.

PHP Notice: Undefined index: tasks in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/load_monitor/scripts/add.php on line 66

Any Solution for this?

Regards
Thomas

Hello Sorry,
ever anybody can Help with this?

PHP Notice: Undefined index: tasks in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/load_monitor/scripts/add.php on line 66

Any Solution for this?

Regards
Thomas

Hello and Sorry for the double Post.

in line 66 is
if(count($save['tasks']) == $config['maxTasks']) {
continue;
}

i see no faults, plese help.

Regards
Thomas

Hello

PHP Version 5.3.16
In the apache logs and directadmin is nothing to see.
i send you a copy of the log per pn.

Regards
Thomas

Try to add this line:

$save['tasks'] = array();

directly after:
$save = array();

It's simply a notice that the $save['tasks'] does not exist when php tries to access it.

Author, you could change add.php line 66 to:

Code:
	if(isset($save['tasks']) && (count($save['tasks']) == $config['maxTasks'])) {

and it would solve the problem.

Back