Votes: 0 0.0%
  • €30 - €40

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • €20 - €30

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to get support for the plugin? I have an issue that I need help with.

Sounds good, I'll post here first then if we need to move we can.

My problem: I set up the SpamBlocker "exim.conf" file yesterday with intension of purchasing the plugin today. This morning I purchased the plugin and did the install. I went through the steps of setting up the license and configuring SpamBlocker via the "Admin" panel. I then proceded to setup the domains that should be filtered and the such. When I latter went back in to add another domain I appeared that non of the info that I entered (domains to be filtered) were saved. So I tried it again (with no luck). I tried to add a couple of "blacklist domains" same thing nothing showed up. I check the log and saw where the information had been written to "Updating /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/data/blacklist_domains for the "blacklist domains". I ssh'd to the server and was able to verify this information existed. I then "cd to /etc/virtual and check those files and found nothing (blacklist_domains or use_rbl_domains) both were blank. As a test I enter the domains to be filtered to the "use_rbl_domains" file and save it. I then check the SpamBlocker/Admin
"Select domains" page and found the entries that I put in manually.

It appears that "My plugin" is modifying the /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/data/blacklist_domains and not /etc/virtual files.

What do I need to change to correct this?

This is correct, the plugin updates /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/data/* and a cronjob ensures that the files are moved to the correct place and the correct accessrights are set on the files.

Please check /etc/crontab to see if the following entry exists

Code:
*/1 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php > /dev/null

If it does exist you need to check if the crond process is actually running on your server

Code:
# ps aux | grep crond

should return at least 1 entry other than the grep itself

The cron job was not in crontab. I have modified the crontab to include:

Code:
*/1 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php > /dev/null
However I did notice that the code broke and went to another line here: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins......

I tried to add another domain and still no luck. I check to see if crond was running and it was. Results:

# ps aux | grep crond
root 3241 0.0 0.1 4460 1124 ? Ss Oct17 0:00 crond
root 4144 0.0 0.0 3732 668 pts/0 S+ 15:17 0:00 grep crond

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help

What OS are you running?

Would it be possible for me to get SSH + root access on your server to analyse the problem?

Onno

Hi,

You entered the cron-job on 2 lines in stead of 1. I fixed that and then ran it manually to see if it works. I noticed that I made a typo in the SpamBlocker v1 runtime-queue handling. It's fixed and you can upgrade the plugin to fix it on your server.

The bug was related to the blacklist_domains file.

I would however also strongly recommend that you upgrade to version 2 of SpamBlocker as this is what is now distributed with DA and it fixes a bug in the handeling of whitelists. You can use the option in the plugin to upgrade if you wish, it will do everything for you :)

Regards,

Last edited:
Just ran the update from the plugin manager. The SpamBlocker Plugin is at V 1.5.8 and the SpamBlocker exim.conf is at V 2. Is this correct?

I am not sure why the crontab line dropped. I manually typed it in. In the process it kept dropping to a second line during the process. This happen several times as I tried retyping it 4 different times before finally saving it as it was.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

Yes, the new SpamBlocker exim.conf is version 2 and the latest SpamBlocker Plugin is v1.5.8

Did you check the crontab after upgrading again to make sure it's still correct?

Regards,

Checked the crontab, it is correct and everything is updateing as it should. :)

Thanks for your help.

I just wanted to add this to clarify that any exim.conf files distributed by us will be available under the terms of the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 2.

The terms of the license state that we are required to offer the source code to anyone who obtains MailBlocker Pro from us who asks for it.

Since the exim.conf file is human readable, hence source code, distribution of MailBlocker Pro will fill the terms of the license.

Anyone who so receives the code can also distribute it under the terms of the license.

The MailBlocker Pro plugin will NOT be open source and will not be redistributable.

Jeff

rocketcity said:
Just ran the update from the plugin manager. The SpamBlocker Plugin is at V 1.5.8 and the SpamBlocker exim.conf is at V 2. Is this correct?
I believe so, but I'm at home and don't have access to the current version information right now.
I am not sure why the crontab line dropped. I manually typed it in. In the process it kept dropping to a second line during the process. This happen several times as I tried retyping it 4 different times before finally saving it as it was.
That's a function of your editor.

Jeff

Vpower said:
I'm having trouble upgrading exim.conf to V.2. I try upgrading, but version does not change. Any advice?
Updating how? Through the SpamBlocker Plugin? Or some other way?

Jeff

The SpamBlocker 2 exim.conf file is OpenSource and is distributed as part of DirectAdmin under the OpenSource License. All new versions are distributed with the new exim.conf produced by Nobaloney Internet Services as announced on this forum.

The Plugin (a commercial product) is an extension that makes it easier to configure SpamBlocker and one feature we built in was the ability to upgrade exim.conf to the latest version.

It seems that the upgrade did not work with your installation. Can you PM me root and admin logins so I can see what's wrong and fix it for you?

Regards,

Last edited:
No sorry, won`t pm root login. What permission should exim.conf have and who is the right owner?
I could just install the The SpamBlocker 2 exim.conf manually..

Ok, what you need to do is check that the cronjob is entered into /etc/crontab and that it's actually running (read this thread for the cronjob).

check /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/data if there are files there.

Let me know what you find.

/etc/exim.conf must be owned by root and group must also be set to root.

Without access to your system I am unable to fix the problem quickly, but I do understand that there are always security issues to be considdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back