Slow Image Loading Speeds

We may have to try another route first. Lets do that next week. OR whenever you are back.

Okay! Config removed.

As for the speed you get in the US, it's odd that you would get such a quick speed and for mine to be so significantly different but only when changing the server config.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 23.24.18.png

Again, after resetting, under 3.5 seconds.

But sure, let's pick this up in the not too distant future :)

Ahh, there's the answer then. Well now, I expect you should get a load time of under 3.5s with "Disable cache". Anyhow, thanks a lot for the ongoing support!

Hello there!

I'm ready to pick this back up. I have since updated to the latest version of DirectAdmin, as I saw there was fixes applied and new updates on top of that last release. All seems well.

However, not sure if this is connected or not, but backups are no longer working:

For example:

Code:
Error while backing up database alrnetwork_sitename
Error while backing up database alrnetwork_databasename The sql file is 0 bytes in size: /home/tmp/alrnetwork.550376/alrnetwork/backup/alrnetwork_databasename.sql
mysqldump error output: mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)" when trying to connect

Changed the site name / database name in the output above, as it affected all databases across all clients.

If this is a separate issue, I'll create a new thread, but not sure that it is. Worth mentioning that yesterday MariaDB was updated through CustomBuild.

However, not sure if this is connected or not, but backups are no longer working:
If you mean to what we are doing I would say no. Did this just start with the DA upgrade? I would most likely create a separate thread or log a support request.

is there anything here ?

Code:
ls /root/.my.cnf

Last edited:
Morning! It's hard to say, because the backups don't happen regularly. So, it's entirely possible that it could have been either.

As for the above command, I receive: "ls: cannot access '/root/.my.cnf': No such file or directory"

Working on the assumption you mean ls /etc/my.cnf, I received:

Code:
root@srv1:/etc# ls my.cnf
my.cnf

Contents of that file are:

Code:
  GNU nano 4.8                                                                  /etc/my.cnf                                                                           
[mysqld]
#local values
local-infile=0
#skip-name-resolve=1
#log-error=/usr/local/mysql/data/srv1.alr-network.co.uk.err
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
max_allowed_packet=64MB
#max_connections=25
wait_timeout=100

#innodb values
innodb_log_file_size=896MB #25% of Buffer pool
innodb_file_per_table
innodb_buffer_pool_size=7G # 50% of memory
innodb_buffer_pool_instances=7 #1 per GB

#temp values
tmpdir=/tmp
join_buffer_size=256k
table_definition_cache=1000
thread_cache_size=1000

what happens with
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build mysql_backup

what happens with
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build mysql_backup
Code:
root@srv1:~# cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
root@srv1:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# ./build mysql_backup
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
root@srv1:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild#

then do
run
Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt
Do not post this output
You are looking for "mysql="
That is the mysql root password
Run this
Code:
mysql -uroot -p

Use the password

does it connect?

Hey, nope it doesn't.. Same error:

Code:
root@srv1:~# mysql -uroot -p
Enter password:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
root@srv1:~#

what gives

Code:
find / -name mysql.sock

and

Code:
ls /usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock

Code:
root@srv1:~# find / -name mysql.sock
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
find: ‘/proc/167625’: No such file or directory
root@srv1:~# ls /usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock
/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock

No worries. Just as long as you know, I'm ready to continue whenever you are :)
I wanted you to know for the current time I wont be able to help. I wanted to post this here. So others might help out.
@Richard G is a good help so maybe he can help some. I just didn't want to string you along.

Take a really good backup and or a snapshot. This might be best course. Sorry due to personal issues I had to stop helping a lot.

Back