Slow Image Loading Speeds

@bdacus01 Unfortunately, as mentioned, it's not possible to run backups because of this error, it fails and doesn't back up any databases etc. Basically, the installation is screwed and I think I just need to start-over.

I'm sorry, didn't had time to respond yet. I have to look over the thread.
I can't do anything about speed issues in any case.

It seems commands I was thinking about (quickly looking over the thread) for mysql, are already used.

Maybe you could stop mysql and try to run it in safe mode, see if that helps and gives access.

We once had to hire smtalk to fix a mysql issue on our server.
Which version mysql/mariadb are you running?

@bdacus01 Unfortunately, as mentioned, it's not possible to run backups because of this error, it fails and doesn't back up any databases etc. Basically, the installation is screwed and I think I just need to start-over.
IN some verions after update DA there are backup problems lookup changelog and forum for that

Also socket error i did see few time after some updates / changes DA or mariadb .

BUGS id don't know

Important what you did and changed exactly , i have to often problems doing more updates in one run with DA, better to do one at a time and test after it.

If you did DA and also Mariadb updates changes at same time , better to open ticket for that while if error wasn't there before!!!!!!

THE TEMP SOCKET ERROR SQL AFTER UPDATE IS happened more here on forum!

Here but not the only ones i think https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...gh-socket-tmp-mysql-sock-2.64117/#post-333434

So you did read that and should be time for SUPPORT TICKET AT DA or ask SMTALK! ;)

I hope solutions and cause are posted in forum here?

Last edited:
IN some verions after update DA there are backup problems lookup changelog and forum for that

Also socket error i did see few time after some updates / changes DA or mariadb .

BUGS id don't know

Important what you did and changed exactly , i have to often problems doing more updates in one run with DA, better to do one at a time and test after it.

If you did DA and also Mariadb updates changes at same time , better to open ticket for that while if error wasn't there before!!!!!!

THE TEMP SOCKET ERROR SQL AFTER UPDATE IS happened more here on forum!

Here but not the only ones i think https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...gh-socket-tmp-mysql-sock-2.64117/#post-333434

So you did read that and should be time for SUPPORT TICKET AT DA or ask SMTALK! ;)

I hope solutions and cause are posted in forum here?
Thanks for this info.

Yes, as you can see, that post that you linked, I've been back and forth in also.. but for the time being, I'm reserved to the idea that I will have to rebuild the server.

I did a test rebuild on a second server to check how long it will take etc.. I've managed to fix (temporarily) the SQL problem and created an admin backup for the entire server.. but in addition, have also taken manual backups of everything too.

I will have the server rebuilt and reinstall a fresh copy of DA with MariaDB set from the beginning, as I did on my second server, and I also notice performance improvements, so feel that for now, this is the best direction.

Hopefully I don't regret it.

@bdacus01 - Managed to perform a fresh install with MariaDB 10.5 and also updated the opcache / php-fpm config as outlined in this thread and things appear to be working well. I even included the contents from post https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/slow-image-loading-speeds.63794/page-4#post-331986 which was generating some weird slow-downs previously, and all fine.

As for the error, almost certain the issue was because when I updated the my.cnf file, I replaced the entire contents, removing the following line:

Code:
[client]
socket=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock

This MAY not be the case, but it stuck out like a sore thumb when I entered the updated my.cnf info which you mentioned earlier in this post... so I think that was likely the issue with the backups.

Either way, learned a bunch about DA and configurations during this time and will continue to learn.

Thanks for your assistance.
Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 13.13.54.png

Back