AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

If it is there for the user admin on "User-Level", it should be there for the users on their "User-Level".

This is how the plugin system works.

user-level install / not picking up domain name

when i am at a user level and try to install awstats on a domain, it does not seem to pick up the domain name:

for example, one error when i try to install from the user level is: Warning: mkdir(/home/someuser/domains//public_html/awstats):

the /etc/awstats/ directory would support this as the log file it creates there is: awstats..conf

what could i be doing wrong?

port 2222 is hard coded on the socket connect functions for the /user files.

i run da on port 8080

to fix this, i changed the port to 8080 in the $Socket->connect() function of the /user files.

could this possibly be a configuration variable somewhere in future updates?

excellent plugin btw, .. thanks a lot!

fusionictnl said:
Does the error.log show anything of that specific domain ? (Or are it all domains?) Does the suexec_log show anything ?? (/var/log/httpd/suexec) ?
It's a problem with all domains. And the error.log shows
nothing strange. No errors about awstats.
Suexec_log shows :

[2004-10-20 20:33:36]: info: (target/actual) uid: (jhon/jhon) gid: (jhon/jhon) cmd: awstats.pl
[2004-10-20 20:33:38]: info: (target/actual) uid: (jhon/jhon) gid: (jhon/john) cmd: awstats.pl
[2004-10-20 20:33:38]: info: (target/actual) uid: (jhon/jhon) gid: (jhon/jhon) cmd: awstats.pl

that 's for the user jhon when i try to open www.domain.com/awstats

Problems....

Ok.. I found some more info on the issue that I was having where the stats won't run.. Your script doesn't work for webs that have been extended with Microsoft FrontPage Extensions. I haven't had time to try and figure it out below that, but perhaps you can chase it down further..

Re: Problems....

davidb said:
Ok.. I found some more info on the issue that I was having where the stats won't run.. Your script doesn't work for webs that have been extended with Microsoft FrontPage Extensions. I haven't had time to try and figure it out below that, but perhaps you can chase it down further..

The directory structure isn't affected when installing FP Extensions. So it should work correctly. (Tested it!)

Could you check if the: /home/[user]/domains/.../public_html/awstats exists ? If it does, you can try using the all_domains.php in the hooks dir, to check if it works after that ? this will install it on all domains, using another approach.

Haayer

Same as above:

Could you check if the: /home/[user]/domains/.../public_html/awstats exists ? If it does, you can try using the all_domains.php in the hooks dir, to check if it works after that ? this will install it on all domains, using another approach.

sde

You can edit the /hooks/da.php and alter:
Code:
 function connect($host, $port = '' )
    {
        if (!is_numeric($port))
        {
            $port = 80;
        }

$this->remote_host = $host;
        $this->remote_port = $port;
    }
To:
Code:
 function connect($host, $port = '' )
    {
        if (!is_numeric($port))
        {
            $port = 80;
        }

$this->remote_host = $host;
        [B]$this->remote_port = 8080; [/B]
    }

:D

a little more info..

ok.. after updating apache with the directadmin build commands it runs if specified /awstats/awstats.pl.. I haven't been able to get it to run as a directory index file yet.. perhaps tonight I will get this one hammered out.. In the meantime, a re-direct index.html page to the .pl script would be nice..

nope.. definitely something with fp server extensions screwing up the ability of the htaccess to work correctly..

Re: Re: Problems....

fusionictnl said:
The directory structure isn't affected when installing FP Extensions. So it should work correctly. (Tested it!)

Haayer

Same as above:

Checked if the dir awstats exists and run the all_domains.php but still empty stats. But what I when I run the all_domains.php is error on line 61 , about Symlink. A few files are correct symlinked but these domains are also not working.

And the FP extensions are not installed.

The symlink problem is mostly in the /etc/awstats dir. This shouldn't be a problem, because they already exist ;)

The system is very simple:

/etc/awstats/awstats.domainname.conf (Awstats configuration):

/home/user/domains/domainname/public_html/awstats:

awstats.pl (Perl file for awstats, should be eXecutable)
.htaccess (File that set's this dir as CGI and awstats.pl as Index)

some symbolic-links.

The problems you could encounter are:

- rights in the awstats dir in public_html (owner not the user or rights on the files R+X)

- .htaccess not working because off apache directives set by webmaster: "AllowOveride none", this causes .htaccess files not being used.

How to test:

Rights problem could be checked by doing:
- chmod 777 * (in the awstats dir in public_html)
- chown [user]: *

.htaccess problem could be checked:

http://wwww.domain.ext/awstats/awstats.pl (This will directly show an error if it doesn't work or in the error logs/suexec log)

Other problems could be that the plugin: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats is causing some issues and is not completly installed. (Remove dir and reinstall plugin)

If you delete the files in the /etc/awstats dir could help:
rm /etc/awstats/* ( -f )

I can't really think of anything else that could mess up the plugin :s

fusionictnl said:
The symlink problem is mostly in the /etc/awstats dir. This shouldn't be a problem, because they already exist ;)

The system is very simple:

/etc/awstats/awstats.domainname.conf (Awstats configuration):

/home/user/domains/domainname/public_html/awstats:

awstats.pl (Perl file for awstats, should be eXecutable)
.htaccess (File that set's this dir as CGI and awstats.pl as Index)

some symbolic-links.

The problems you could encounter are:

- rights in the awstats dir in public_html (owner not the user or rights on the files R+X)

- .htaccess not working because off apache directives set by webmaster: "AllowOveride none", this causes .htaccess files not being used.

How to test:

Rights problem could be checked by doing:
- chmod 777 * (in the awstats dir in public_html)
- chown [user]: *

.htaccess problem could be checked:

http://wwww.domain.ext/awstats/awstats.pl (This will directly show an error if it doesn't work or in the error logs/suexec log)

Other problems could be that the plugin: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats is causing some issues and is not completly installed. (Remove dir and reinstall plugin)

If you delete the files in the /etc/awstats dir could help:
rm /etc/awstats/* ( -f )

I can't really think of anything else that could mess up the plugin :s

When i Chmod 777 i get a error premature error in the error log and a error in the suexec.log the it's writable bij others when i chmod 755 * these errors are gone. Checked AllowOverride in httpd.conf file. Completely removed the plugin and conf files and reinstalled the plugin. Also try'd the all_domains.php trick.
Still no luck.

But I'll wait, next week if als go well i'll have a test server. Then i'll reinstall the plugin on this machine.

I was wondering if it's possible to change the location for the images AwStats uses ?

By default it gets them off the sourceforge servers but they are hella slow. I've looked but can't find a solution.

Great plugin!

I use a wildcard record so I can dynamically generate subdomain content.

awstats puts these subdomains as referers.

is it possible to add a link in /etc/awstats that would be *.mydomain.com

i wanted to ask before i tried it.

noticed this

1 - Requires enhanced skin, nothing on default

2 - For all 3 domains I have ran the install script on I have had to fix manually in the shell, 1st domain needed a chown issueing, the other 2 domains I had to set the .pl script +x.

Back