AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

But I've already fixed it. Awstats.pl will now delete "www."

So it will always take the same file ;)

But before I release it I need to fix the SSL problem.

Update v1.6!

A lot of updates and Bug fixes with SSL

- Doesn't use DA API anymore uses directory structure of user
same as alldomains.php

- Awstats works for both domain.ext as for www.domain.ext without generating 2 configs, history and dnscache files

- Alldomains.php updated so it hopefully works with the new setup

- Added user_img.html hopefully for skin compatability

- Added more check in the install procedure for the domain

For this update to take affect you will have to delete all files out of you /etc/awstats dir.

If you don't want to loose any history data, rename the .txt files to the correct new files:

[date]awstats.www.domain.ext.txt
rename to
[data]awstats.domain.ext.txt

Any problems ?? Just let me know!!!

Hmm after removing /etc/awstats contents and updating the plugin. I get the following error for my domain when updating:

Error: An AWStats update process seems to be already running for this config file. Try later. If this is not true, remove manually lock file '/tmp/awstats.rocksolidnet.com.lock'.

fusionictnl said:
Update your awstats.conf for that domain in /etc/awstats or for server-wide, check the main config /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.none.conf

Edit this, and look for a row that says:

EnableLockForUpdate=1

Set this to Zero.

If you did it server-wide:

remove all .conf files in the /etc/awstats dir and reinstall on all domains.

This answered my question and problem. What exactly does this setting do? I would prefer that users do not get an error the first time they update.

Last edited:
Why does the following appear when I click on awstats in my cp?

suspended
sharedip

Reseller level, had these directories in their domains dir ;) So that would show up there ;)

EnableLockForUpdate=1

This setting prevents "update" attacks. If someone opens up 500 browsers and hits update on all of them @ once or through a script :p you wouldn't be happy ;)

So this is a preffered setting if you use AllowUpdate. If you use the cron script to update, you can disable the update button ;)

Lock files are located in /tmp ;) or the location he says it is. As the message states: Delete it! ;)

But what are these values in relation to awstats?

suspended
sharedip

Can I remove them?

it's topic about Awstats so i will ask ;)

Do you know if its possible to filter refresh just by domain? I dont want to have one refferer domain with hundreds of subpages :) and joining hits from www.domain.com and http://domain.com :)

regards,
blind

rldev said:
Why does the following appear when I click on awstats in my cp?

suspended
sharedip

I also get the same, a bit messy if they not needed, glad I only done this on test server at the moment.

its still not setting awstats.pl +x which means I cant move this to a production server yet, as I would need to be setting it for the users everytime they enable the plugin.

new issue appeared for me in 1.6

Error: An AWStats update process seems to be already running for this config file. Try later. If this is not true, remove manually lock file '/tmp/domain.com.lock'.

setting doesnt seem to fix it :( I also tried deleting the .lock file to no avail.

EnableLockForUpdate=0

is this right for an update crontab

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl

run by root
?

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl now

Should be the correct settings.

Chrysalis said:
new issue appeared for me in 1.6

Error: An AWStats update process seems to be already running for this config file. Try later. If this is not true, remove manually lock file '/tmp/domain.com.lock'.

setting doesnt seem to fix it :( I also tried deleting the .lock file to no avail.

EnableLockForUpdate=0

As stated before, you MUST remove the lock file(s) in the /tmp/awstats*.lock

Lock file was removed, I still get the error, but the crontab updates it fine so I use the crontab now.

Chrysalis said:
Lock file was removed, I still get the error, but the crontab updates it fine so I use the crontab now.

We'll it shouldn't work through the crontab if it is locked. The update_all script just executes awstats.pl the same way as you do through the browser ;)

Update v. 1.7

*- update_alldomains.php fixed, problem with .htaccess not working
*- For resellers: suspend,default and shared are not showed anymore

Back