AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

i have an issue with updating my stats, when i click update now it's trying to update but cant end it and when i click second time it shows me that:

Error: An AWStats update process seems to be already running for this config file. Try later. If this is not true, remove manually lock file '/tmp/awstats.myfreesitez.com.lock'.

can anyone help? ;)

If you wait a few minutes then view the page again (not update) are the stats updated? If not then remove the lock file like the error message said. This would have to be done through ssh and you would need sufficient permissions (like an admin) to access the /tmp directory
otherwise, contact your host.

Update your awstats.conf for that domain in /etc/awstats or for server-wide, check the main config /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.none.conf

Edit this, and look for a row that says:

EnableLockForUpdate=1

Set this to Zero.

If you did it server-wide:

remove all .conf files in the /etc/awstats dir and reinstall on all domains.

it's strange, my stats are updated after resfresh ;)

fusionictnl -> do i have to reinstall stats on all my domains after changing enablelock line?

blind said:
it's strange, my stats are updated after resfresh ;)

fusionictnl -> do i have to reinstall stats on all my domains after changing enablelock line?

Yes, unless you want to manually edit all seperate config files ;)

Awstats uses another config for both of them:

awstats.rocksolidnet.com.conf
and
awstats.www.rocksolidnet.com.conf

They both refer to the same log /var/log/httpd/domains/rocksolidnet.com.log

Wich config it uses, depends on the url you go to. So the history files (when clicking refresh or running update from console) are different for both. even if they contain the same info.

So you have to update both of them to see the same results.

the update on http://rocksolidnet.com/awstats/ doesn't work at the moment ? Is that what you mean ? If so use the update script in the hooks dir.

Hopefully answered your question ;)

Didn't see it through the other ones sorry!

???? Why does it work this way? I must have missed something in the discussion. There must be a workaround for this. Couldn't this be remedied by using a symlink for the www config?

ln -s awstats.www.rocksolidnet.com.conf awstats.rocksolidnet.com.conf

Wouldn't this accomplish the same thing without the hassle? The same can be done for the history files.

oke i think it's working now, could you tell me if logging country codes is equal to ate resources?

i have heard it eats memory and slows loading web pages, it is the truth?

Every plugin enabled into AwStats eats up resources. The best to run Awstats is through awstats_updateall.pl and let this run on a nightly/hourly base, depending on the hits.

On maximum load my Awstats with: awstats_updateall.pl takes about 20% CPU usage. Wich I think is very nice. Offcourse when someone hits the update button you're server will slow down, so if you use awstats_updateall.pl you can disable the update button inside the awstats.none.conf in the hooks dir to prevent this.

rldev said:
???? Why does it work this way? I must have missed something in the discussion. There must be a workaround for this. Couldn't this be remedied by using a symlink for the www config?

ln -s awstats.www.rocksolidnet.com.conf awstats.rocksolidnet.com.conf

Wouldn't this accomplish the same thing without the hassle? The same can be done for the history files.

As far as I know this is done (symlinking the config).

But that isn't the problem. The problem is the .txt files in the /etc/awstats dir. These are the history files and the processed logs. These can't be symlinked because for every month there's a new file.

Yes I see what you are saying. This does not seem like a logical setup(no fault of yours). Perhaps we can force the stat url with a apache directive and a script?

Perhaps the awstats.pl could be modified somehow. It just doesn't make sense that awstats needs to record 2 different files unless it was producing different information and results for each domain alias. I don't wan't customers being confused or keeping two sets of history files.

Does this work like this on Cpanel? Can anyone confirm?

On a different note, is there a way to keep /etc/awstats more organized? It would be nice if each domain could be in it's own folder if possible.

What you could do is make a script :p that before you run de update all script and ones a month offcourse, creates the following symbolic links ex:

ln -s /etc/awstats/*awstats.www.domain.txt /etc/awstats/*awstats.domain.txt

Or this could ne made part of the monthly update script. It will execute this first and then execute the log. Is this doable?

I thought you wrote a update a couple of weeks back that checks and forces an a stats update before a log is rotated? I guess this is bot the same thing.

Hehe no, that was just an update to specify WHEN to update ;) For example when a log is bigger as 49MB ;)

To do a force update ;) (that you can add to the monthly cron)

Back