Billing systems

Uhhhh OK 15 days is up and I received e-mail saying:

"It now appears your a free trial user so unfortunately we can't provide any help until you purchase a license."

:D I think I have to register myself again :p for 15 days :) or buy some license ...

Also the product name has to match exactly what is on the server.

It does.

under MANAGE SERVERS ... the "Name" field should have some specific name? I entered just a name which is for me as a description....

.... :eek:

Under Products/Services the Package Name has to match exactly the package you set up on the server.

You might want to check the DA logs to see if any connection to the server from the whmcs server is being made. You should at least the admin login.

Everything what you said ... is there and it is all matching my DA server, the same box ....

Checked the DA logs but I don't see any signs of logging from WHMCS....

FLOYD... or any ...:

OK, here it goes ...
The only package I created in DA right now is for RESELLERs.
I created the same Package in WHMCS....and configured everything as was described in manual ....

Now I wonder if WHMCS actually works with creating RESELLER DA accounts...?:confused:

I did not check yet.... (I do things step by step) ...if it creates normal user accounts for standard hosting packages in DA....

What happens after setting up the account in WHMCS and then you manually click the Create button? Does the account on the remote server get set up then?

That means you have a setting wrong in there somewhere. I know it works as advertised. I don't currently use it because I didn't like certain things about it but it does do what it says it does. The only way for me to help any more is to have access to both servers. You says you have everything set up right but the only way I can know that is to have access. Obviously something is not set up right on one or the other.

The main thing I didn't like was that it uses the customer's email address as the login name. My problem with that is the customer may want to change email addresses at some point but they will be stuck the old email address as their login name. Maybe there is a way to change it, I am not sure. I was willing to overlook that but it also automatically assigns the DA username without giving the customer a chance to pick their own username.

There were some other minor things I cannot think of right now but all the minor irritations added up so I never switched over to it. An API is supposed to be available for it at some point and I may reconsider at that point.

I think the number of usable billing systems is now down to ...

zero

:(

Has anyone contacted the folk who write WHMCS and asked them if they could implement those changes, or if it's something that can be done but you just haven't noticed yet?

Jeff

I have emailed Matt before and he seems to be a nice guy.

Another problem I had with it is that it wanted to force the customer to use a domain name when setting up the account and I did not want that. I want the customer to have to fill out as little as possible to get set up. I emailed him about it and he wrote back and said that was the way DA was and that DA was requiring the domain when setting up the customer. Of course I wrote him and back and gave him a link to the API page and told him no it didn't when using the API which is of course what he uses and I even gave him sample code to prove it. He said he could make that change for me.

But I didn't pursue it any further because there were a lot of little changes I wanted and figure by the time I went through and suggested all the changes and waited for him to do it I could have written what I wanted myself. Not to mention that we didn't discuss if it would cost me anything for him to do all the custom changes.

So I just wrote something simple myself. It does what I need for the time being. My problem is that I have never been good at accounting in general so to write a good accounting program for myself is a bit of a challenge. I continue to add to it and rewrite it as I learn more about what I really need. I may release it one day but it might be months from now. I would actually like it to be a hosted solution where the hosting company would not have to download and install anything. Just signup and configure their system here. That way I could always check and make sure it was always working properly.

If you don't have a lot of customers I would suggest Excel. That is what I started with. There is nothing automatic about it but it is the easiest to get started with.

I think the number of usable billing systems is now down to ...

zero

I have Googled and found just about everything and tried just about everything and everything is way more than I want. I cannot find the simple little script that will do just the basic.

Its like the writers have the Microsoft mentality. They don't understand that we want something that just does the basics. I don't want to have to buy Excel just so I can do a simple spreadsheet. I don't want a program that will do a thousand different things when all I need it for is five.

That is why I am writing my own and maybe one day I can make a little money on it.

Another thing I have found about WHMCS is that I have to enter the license key every few days. I still have a valid license. When I was researching some of the answers here I was already logged into it and had already done some things and then suddenly it asked me for my license key again. Very annoying.

One little thing I found out about WHMCS.... when I wanted to find an e-mail templates used to send e-mails to admin.... I wanted to change something in there and .... I couldn't find it...after contacting them....

I got message from Matt:
"It is not possible for you to edit admin emails. Only emails that go to clients."

PS1:
I don't know why you are not allowed to do that... just weird...

PS2:
Actually I play with WHMCS a second week and although the WHMCS still does not create accounts for me in DA (Still trying to find a problem on my own).... It looks promising....

Last edited:
Just sent e-mail to Matt(WHMCS)... Hopefully he will show up in here and explain a few things :)

I have Googled and found just about everything and tried just about everything and everything is way more than I want. I cannot find the simple little script that will do just the basic.

Its like the writers have the Microsoft mentality. They don't understand that we want something that just does the basics. I don't want to have to buy Excel just so I can do a simple spreadsheet. I don't want a program that will do a thousand different things when all I need it for is five.

That is why I am writing my own and maybe one day I can make a little money on it.

customer #1? lol
what can we do to help?
your right, excel works, but there has to be a simpler way, and also to setup accounts automatically....

Back