Billing systems

whoiscart sucks

whois cart sucks and didnt do what I wanted, I requested a refund about an hr afterwards and they wouldnt do so... I have a few license for anyone that wants it.... Last development on this was like 2 or 3 years ago, no new requests for any functions or anything!!

WHMCS.com is the best so far, cheap, maintained and upgraded often, best thing yet!

whois cart sucks and didnt do what I wanted, I requested a refund about an hr afterwards and they wouldnt do so... I have a few license for anyone that wants it.... Last development on this was like 2 or 3 years ago, no new requests for any functions or anything!!

WHMCS.com is the best so far, cheap, maintained and upgraded often, best thing yet!

icepick... Is the software (whoiscart.net), encrypted or can one modify it and add features to it if one so desires??...

Their message board seems to be pretty quiet which may be indicative of a bugfree script...

Besides that, $35.00 isn't very much for a script which can also be indicative of; "You get what you pay for"...

BUT if you can add to it and modify it, I would be interested... ;)

Last edited:
no

no, no modifications possible, same with whmcs, however unlike whoiscart whmcs make changes and listen to suggestions, you can also modify the template and add your own payment gateways / registrars whereas whoiscart havent added anything to their script for like 2 years and dont want to as they are busy with a new ticket system which has been going for 2 years.

So, if you want a system you can customize and get support for and does everything possible under the sun *they have a 15 day free trial) then go for whmcs.com :)

you cnat even modify the template of whoiscart

no, no modifications possible, same with whmcs, however unlike whoiscart whmcs make changes and listen to suggestions, you can also modify the template and add your own payment gateways / registrars whereas whoiscart havent added anything to their script for like 2 years and dont want to as they are busy with a new ticket system which has been going for 2 years.

So, if you want a system you can customize and get support for and does everything possible under the sun *they have a 15 day free trial) then go for whmcs.com :)

you cnat even modify the template of whoiscart

Is it all encrypted?

yes, whmcs is ioncube based and from memory whoiscart uses umm something else, zend i think.

Your right... Cart is Zend Encoded and it IS outdated software as it latest version is PHP 4.3.3 compliant.. If memory serves me correctly, 4.3.3 died about 2 years ago...;)

I haven't checked out whmcs in awhile but will do so in short order...

Cheers...

yeah, but I was a little bit ... you know.... left out there with what I got...
And most out there would feel the same...

what version of suphp you're running ?
This issue is one of software conflicts. Now you only nee to isolate the problem to solve it.

I suggest you recompile Apache with the stock PHP build supplied by DA and see if the error goes away first as we have WHMCS running perfectly on all our DA servers and I'm guessing the problem is with your SuPHP.

If you want me to do it for you, PM me your server details.

OK, It seems that THE PROBLEM WAS RESOLVED :)

SMTALK :) Thank you ... for finding the issue..... what caused....

I contacted the right people and that was hopefully fixed .. at least it does what it should do....:D will do some more testing over next two weeks with different configurations/app versions.... (apache and php, zend, etc...) :D

THAT WAS A RIDE.... !!!! :D :p :D

Well gee wiz. After all of that aren't you even going to tell us what the problem was and the solution?

OK, how can I tell you .... :) It cost me some money hahaha :)
I will test it for everything possible soon (versions of Apache and PHP)... but for now....

That was kind of SSL problem + Sockets code + API stuff.... I use DA with SSL enabled....
When we turned off SSL in DA, everything started working....
...So there was some little change made in DA module for WHMCS(thank you MATT) and in future versions... all should be fine :)

I think it is all what we need to know.... :)

Last edited:
Back