Billing systems

So did reloading the server help? That was the last thing you said you were going to do. We didn't give up. We are waiting for you to post your results of reloading the server and testing again.

No, I did not reload it yet.....I think that is too easy to just reload the server :) Let's find a problem first :)

You have a software conflict. You need to find it. I cannot find it without access to your server. So it looks like you are on your own now.

Ok, so who knows how to use Debian and can look into the problem on my server?

AWBS user for several years now. I have tried most of the others. AWBS has always been able to meet our requirements.
Each person has their favorite. For what AWBS does, it is a winner for us :)

OK, I am back with this... after some testing....

I reinstalled, as some of you already know, my OS (debian 4.0) and used custombuild + ./setup.sh to install everything, defaults. Apache2.2 and php5.2.3....

Installed WHMCS and of course I got the same message in my Apache error log about the:
Code:
[Tue Aug 21 15:07:10 2007] [notice] child pid 25326 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

So, I was told that some php module is funky and I should downgrade my php version... so I used custombuild option to downgrade php and now I am using php 4.4.7..... and.....

What do I get.... .Exactly the same problem I had before, the same nothing telling me much, the Segmentation Fault....

What the hell is going on :D

PS: smtalk, the great smart dude... help :) ..or anyone...

uhhhh got some reponse....

Hi,

We had a similar problem caused by Zend Optimizer 3.3, we rolled back to an earlier version and the problem stopped.

so now I have to figure out how to roll it back, after I check what version I am running :)

I did not have the Zend Optimizer installed so installed (now) the:

ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz

but I still get the ...

[Tue Aug 21 20:52:49 2007] [notice] child pid 1273 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I uninstalled the above version and installed right now...

ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz

and still the same error ... wow

....:confused:

Should I roll back to ZendOptimizer-2.5.10a-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz......?

It does not make sense.....

The industry seems to like 3.2.8 these days; it's what we maintain on our servers.

That said, we're not using WHMCS.

And that said, they should be able to tell you what their software works with, and then you can decide if you want to run with those packages. They shouldn't be expecting you to guess.

Jeff

two months ... .trying to resolve the problem..... I wish I knew at least what causes the problem....
.... a lot more I know but... shoot me...

update... maybe it will help someone, to help me later on....

... and update..... from Apache error log:

[Tue Aug 21 22:25:36 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8c DAV/2 PHP/4.4.7 configured -- resuming normal operations
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Tue Aug 21 22:34:14 2007] [notice] child pid 5013 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and
>php -v
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

Last edited:
Maybe somebody knows a billing system < $5 a month? A customer of me searchs one (he likes WHMCS, but it's above his budget)

I can't tell you what to do. If a vendor tells me there's a bug in the software his program uses, and he can't work around it with the version of that software, I'd know that I'd either have to:

1) live with the bug

2) switch to a version of the software on my server with which his software works

3) host his software on a different system, which uses a version of the software that's bug free.

4) convince him to write a new version of his software with a workaround for the bug.

5) find a replacement for his software.

I don't think you can live with #1, and you've already tried and failed to convince Matt to do #4, so it appears you're stuck with #2, #3, or #5.

Personally, if I were running Matt's software i'd run it on it's own server (perhaps a virtual server) so I could keep the versions consistent with what it requires.

Your mileage may vary. Your opinion may differ.

Jeff

Maybe somebody knows a billing system < $5 a month? A customer of me searchs one (he likes WHMCS, but it's above his budget)
Whois.Cart might work for him.

The software has to be installed by you, and then he needs a license. License keys start at us$35.

Jeff

jlasman:

you know ..... that is on WHMCS site:
WHMCS requires the following in order to run:

* PHP Version 4.2.x or later
* MySQL Version 3.2.x or later
* Curl Support
* GD Image Library
* Ioncube Loaders Support
* Open_basedir Disabled

so I tried a few things around and nothing worked .... :)

So what they really need to do is change their site. Bugs happen; for example so many people have had problems with Zend Optimizer that most of us are ignoring the current version.

Do you want to spend your life beating dead horses (it's an american coloquialism; It means fighting something you can't change), or move on?

The choice will be yours.

I think it may be time to close this thread if it continues to just bash a product that works for lots of people.

Jeff

I keep it alive .... cause someone might have an answer for me....

:confused:

Last edited:
ehhhh and now MATT is pissed off at me .... by posting those responses above....

Matt
Staff Posted: 22/08/2007 22:29
Your posts on the DA forum taking my replies out of context are not appreciated. I think you are going to need to move on..

Regards,

Matt

Uppsssss I think Looking for answer is not a good idea in the world..... and the REPLIES WERE NOT OUT OF CONTEXT....

Last edited:
If you switched to CentOS or Fedora or RHEL I could help you in a snap.

Back