Discussion about CustomBuild

Installation of AWStats did NOT automatically convert previous stats to AWStats format. I'm not sure how to do that; I believe it's been discussed in previous threads. You should see new stats beginning as soon as the new installation sees the logs; probably overnight.

Jeff

Many errors

I may be missing something, but I'm starting from a clean Debian Etch install and trying to use Custombuild 1.2 beta to install DirectAdmin using CustomBuild and I'm getting several errors.

First of all, I've read much (but not all) of this thread, and it would seem that a Wiki page would be nice for this utility for a variety of reasons. The initial post is informative but I don't believe it covers all the options and capabilities.

Now on to the problems:
I've installed all known prerequisites (like gcc, g++, xinetd) and have not installed any of the programs that the CustomBuild script is supposed to install.

1) Upon running the "./build all d" command, the script exits when trying to install phpmyadmin. Apparently the DirectAdmin servers don't include that package even though it is one of the options in the CustomBuild system. So for now I just disabled that option.

2) The ProFTPd install fails because there is no "ftp" user. So I added the user and it works (though it seems that this script should be adding the user for us). I also had to add the "subsys" folder under the "/var/lock" path to get ProFTPd to stop complaining, as it uses this folder.

3) Mysql fails to install. It is looking for the "/usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf" file, which isn't there. It also complains about there not being a mysql user (though that might be due to the fact that Mysql never gets installed).

As I am writing this post I just realized that I may be missing some initial DirectAdmin install that would have installed things that might make these errors go away, but being new to DirectAdmin and wanting to do a custom install I found this thread and there were no indications that you needed to install something else first before using CustomBuild. Am I on to something here? I'll look around a bit more, but if that's true it might be worth pointing out and linking to whatever needs to be done first before using CustomBuild. And the script should be able to detect that something isn't there and alert you to install it first as well.

1) Upon running the "./build all d" command, the script exits when trying to install phpmyadmin. Apparently the DirectAdmin servers don't include that package even though it is one of the options in the CustomBuild system. So for now I just disabled that option.

2) The ProFTPd install fails because there is no "ftp" user. So I added the user and it works (though it seems that this script should be adding the user for us). I also had to add the "subsys" folder under the "/var/lock" path to get ProFTPd to stop complaining, as it uses this folder.

3) Mysql fails to install. It is looking for the "/usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf" file, which isn't there. It also complains about there not being a mysql user (though that might be due to the fact that Mysql never gets installed).
Hello,

1) Can you include the exact error message you're getting? Usually 1.1 is preferred over 1.2 as it is more tested, but we still like to address any issues in 1.2 as well.

2) in the proftp.sh install script on debian, we do a check for the ftp group too add it if it's missing (which is common) but the missing ftp user isn't common, so I'll add a check for that as well.

3) That might require an email to us, as that's not an issue I can recall seeing.

John

Failed loading /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: undefined symbol: _zend_hash_init
Failed loading /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: undefined symbol: _zend_hash_init

found in /var/log/httpd/error_log

when doing ./build all d

n/custombuild/php-5.2.6/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.6/ext/mbstring/oniguruma -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.6/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.6/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.6/TSRM -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.6/Zend -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -c /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.6/ext/date/lib/parse_date.c -o ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo
Assembler messages:
FATAL: can't create ext/date/lib/parse_date.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo] Error 1
s

Is happen to me a strange stuff...

[00:30:20] [/usr/local/directadmin/scripts]
>./awstats.sh
AWstats package is installed.

but im sure on that box isnt installed awstats... how can i check and fix it?

To update dovecot, to 1.1.4 and Apache 2.2.10 what command i use with "custombuild".

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build apache
./build dovecot

Hello,

1) Can you include the exact error message you're getting? Usually 1.1 is preferred over 1.2 as it is more tested, but we still like to address any issues in 1.2 as well.

2) in the proftp.sh install script on debian, we do a check for the ftp group too add it if it's missing (which is common) but the missing ftp user isn't common, so I'll add a check for that as well.

3) That might require an email to us, as that's not an issue I can recall seeing.

John

Ok, the problem was simply that I had not installed DirectAdmin itself first. Being new to the software but knowing that I wanted to use CustomBuild, I went directly to this thread and followed the directions to download and use Custombuild 1.2 beta (thinking that this would install DirectAdmin from scratch). The issue I had is just a clarity issue with regards to the instructions on using CustomBuild. It would be very useful to add a blurb about needing to go through the initial DirectAdmin install BEFORE downloading and using CustomBuild. In fact, it might be nice to just do a few basic checks with the CustomBuild script to make sure a DirectAdmin install is actually present before going through the lengthy compilation process. No biggie, but it could save those who are new to DirectAdmin a few hours of time.

LOL i think directadmin install when ready start custombuild automatically so maybe everyone here thought that was an error in directadmin installation steps... :)

Hi,

ive a new question about AWStat... there is the possibility to have stats of month passed?

I mean, wiht old stats i had all the stats of everymonth, but, on awstats i got just last month, from when ive installed awstat.

There is a way to get in awstats old month stats too?

regards

Back