Discussion about CustomBuild

smtalk,
Im curious. If inside the config php5-cli is yes. custombuild do its jobs to convert php4 to php5 without using suphp?

Zend 3.3.0 breaks Installatron

FYI:
If you update everything it custom build will install Zend PHP Accelerator 3.3.0 this will break installatron in DirectAdmin.

Basically what will happen is that the Installatron link will disapear from the users DirectAdmin control panel.

The fix is easy, just downgrade to Zend 3.2.8.

Custombuild 1.1 has been released, so, "What is custombuild?" section has been updated.

I know there is problems with safemode and php as cgi, but even when i install php5 as cli the safemode/openbasedir functions still dont work in DA, any ideas why ?

Because of templates. With next release of DirectAdmin they should be changed to fit every installation, for now, just comment out IfModule lines :)

If PHP is installed as CGI - it must have suPHP :) If it's installed as CLI - it doesn't work with suPHP.

"./build php" asks you some questions, and you should answer y (yes) or n (no), "./build php n" automatically answers n (no) to all questions.

mod_dav support for apache 2 and 2.2.x.

Found forum, that included by default ...

Last edited:
Since it says not to put 2 versions of php to yes in the options.conf file how should I do the install if I want to be able to have both versions of php4 and php5.

I would like php4 to be default with php5 installed as well.

Thanks

Chatwizrd, not to have both versions of PHP4 OR PHP5. e.g. PHP4 as CGI + PHP4 as CLI :) It won't let you to compile anything and it show you some errors.

I've a problem with the custombuild, my configuration :

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf :

mysql=4.1
default_php=4
php4_cli=yes
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=no
php5_cgi=yes
apache_ver=2.2
mail-header-patch=yes
dovecot=no
clean=yes

My OS : Debian 4.0 Etch

Php4 is working fine, but not PHP5 :

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/phpinfo.php5

/var/log/suphp.log :

[Sun Aug 19 19:09:51 2007] [warn] UID of script "/var/www/html/phpinfo.php5" is smaller than min_uid

phpinfo.php5 CHMOD : 644 / Owner : root
folder html CHMOD : 755 / Owner : root

Can you help me please ?

Last edited:
Back