Email Level Plugin

Hello John,

Just installed the plugin for the first time. Very interesting. It's like an "User Email Control Panel"

I think the way this is looking, it could replace/change the way users manage their webmail completely.

1- Gives directadmin users ability to set thier own webmail login page
2- Gives user's email users ability to manage thier own email account password, vacation message.

I think you could easily add a fowarder only for the pop account the user has authenticated with.

For example. [email protected] will only be able to create fowarders from john@directad.com -> xxxxxxxxxx and only from that account. He will not be able to create john.doe@directad.com -> xxxxxxxx or john@directad[COLOR="Red"]ministration[/COLOR].com -> xxxxxxxx (that would be a security issue) And [email protected] should only be allowed to create/modify/delete those fowarders and even perhaps allow the user to keep a copy in his inbox, or not with a check box.

What do you think ?

If you could make this happen, I think we would probably install this plugin on all of our shared hosting servers, and make this "The Way" to login to webmail for all users, since using the current method gives you much less features.

I would also think about rearanging things a bit,. to save space, and to prepare this plugin for what it's going to end up being :) For example, get rid of all of the table space between sections,. and keep the webmail client icons on top (since eventually that wil be used the most).

Excellent work on this plugin :D

Last edited:
I think you could easily add a fowarder only for the pop account the user has authenticated with.

John think this is impossible, while it is possible ...

... in order for the user to login, DA needs to check a password somewhere, so the email account needs to exist, since forwarders don't have passwords. Then if you have both an email account and a forwarder, you get 2 copies of the email which isn't usually desired. The account needs to be deleted for exim not to deliver to it. I understand what you're looking for, but it's just not possible without having a seperate password database and access to DA with the DA user account/pass.

What if this behavior IS DESIRED? And any one having a pop account want to REDIRECT emails should ask their admin for help (remove pop and create forwarder).

Again autoresponder is possible too.

You may see my previous posts.

Ken

What is the proper ownership of "/usr/local/directadmin/plugins" ? Should that be root:root or diradmin:diradmin ?

and what about: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/email_level/user

Thanks

Last edited:
When I try to login, it always says my username and/or password is incorrect. I tried editing the login.php and echoed socket result which returns an empty string.
Any help someone?

When I try to login, it always says my username and/or password is incorrect. I tried editing the login.php and echoed socket result which returns an empty string.
Any help someone?
I have this same problem

Hello,

Check /var/log/directadmin/error.log .. as well as the inbox size for that account.

If the account has huge amount of email in it, then the disk usage count may be timing out which going through each email.

If the account is large, try emptying it:
User Level -> Email accounts -> empty

John

Inboxes are empty and error.log has two entries only (both the same)
2009:08:12-15:00:47: Error reading from (my remote client IP)

Both time stamps are different - not sure if that is from the email plugin.

It recognizes incorrect email addies, but I put in the correct password and it complains of wrong password.

Figured it out - must be cleansing the password field because I had a password which was

pass?word (different words around a question mark)

And it didn't work like that. I changed it to a straight alpha/numeric pw and it worked fine.

on r174 of file httpsocket.php, there stands a 10 which indicates the default socket timeout, I replaced it by 30
for now it works when I try to login...

the original file is at /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/email_level/data/include/httpsocket.php
but you'll have to change it manually/copy it to every public_html directory in which you've installed it

EDIT: perhaps DA should put up an SVN repo for this one?

Hi, i've just updated to php-cgi and tried to install email level plugin.

I get a : Premature end of script headers: index.php

This is the only problem i faced. All other sites are working..
permissions are 644 for files, 755 for directories and the right owner.

Any help would be appreciated..

I am getting this error in the directadmin error.log

A failure in the SSL library occurred, usually a protocol error
My current settings are :
port -> 2222
ssl -> true

Hi, i've just updated to php-cgi and tried to install email level plugin.

I get a : Premature end of script headers: index.php

This is the only problem i faced. All other sites are working..
permissions are 644 for files, 755 for directories and the right owner.

Any help would be appreciated..

So check the error log it will tell you more information.

Thanks, works for my server, I chose just the public folder as the site doesnt have ssl , the only complaint I would have is that you have to re login after you choose which email client you like.:confused:

had a couple users add this and they come back with a complaint that it is like having one more step to get to the email, as they have to log in twice, once for the plugin GUI then again to actually read the email :confused:

The plugin is for managing mail, not for reading it. For reading mail they should log into one of the webmail clients with which you provide them, or set up a local system on their own desktop; Outlook, Outlook Express, Microsoft Mail, etc.

Jeff

I see that php (cgi) is segfault when trying to access the page.
I also get in my logs (modsecurity) only a premature end of script.

Any ideas?

Back