[PLUGIN] CustomBuild 2.0

Not really gone, but integrated into DA. You need to switch to the new skin however. I was disappointed myself, but I have forced myself to use the Evolution skin and in combination with the skin layout type 'Refreshed' and menu as 'list type' and then pinned this sidebar to stay open, it is manageable. And then you will see that CustomBuild is under the 'Extra Features' section.

Sorry, I just installed fresh DA and custombuild update all button is not working

That's correct, the 'old' plugin has been removed in favor of the intergrated custombuild as from v 1.647:
Even if you get to install the plugin again, it will not work in the Enhanced skin and you can see this from the update buttons not working anymore.

To use this 'new' custombuild options, goto reseller level -> skin management, select Evolution skin and click 'apply to me'. In the Evolution skin, you will see the Custombuild option again. In the Enhanced skin, it will not return.

Hi,

I think i'm not explaining correctly. Please check the attached screenshot. I'm pressing the green "Update All" button but nothing is happening.

Thanks.

directadmin-custombuild.png

I see, then I misunderstood it was about the skin, but you are in the Evolution skin already.

Personally I never do the Update all because this is a lot to update at once, but it should work. No errors, nothing at all? Nothing to see in the Plugin log? Not sure what this could cause, maybe others can help?

Sorry, I just installed fresh DA and custombuild update all button is not working
In your screenshot it's all at 0 so no current version.

Since you installed freshly, did you wait long enough? Because Directadmin is installed instantly and the other program's are installed at the background, so it can take a while before the versions will be displayed here.
And if that is the case, it's normal that the update all button does not work yet.

What I really miss is the clever layout of the Custombuild plugin, e.g. the dials to select the versions of installed software would give you an instant idea of where you are currently standing and whether or not you should consider moving to newer versions. Has anyone tried if some of the CSS from the old layout can be reused for the native Custombuild screen?

Custombuild 2.0 plugin has been broken for some time now, I thought it was because of one of my servers being EOL, but it is also broken on a brand new install. Figures, between licensing checks locking you out for having an older version or DA, then update DA and it breaks their plugin, not a lot of positive stuff going on here lately. The new skin is still missing some stuff from enhanced pages and is quirky and buggy to put it kindly. I have to switch between skins to find some settings, it's dumb. I imagine whoever is running this place will remove enhanced at some point without adding the missing items to the new skin or fixing its quirks, this is the trajectory we seems to be on anyways.

Want to replicate custombuild plugin not working, install it and try to edit the options then save, it wil not edit or save your changes.

Custombuild works just fine, it is now included with DirectAdmin it's no longer a separate download. If your trying to update it via some script or something from where it was originally downloaded from it will break it. DA is now also has different release channels. If you put in an old version from a old backup it will probably not work properly. The way some things work have changed in the last about 8 months.

If you need to fix your install you can always do an update:

Custombuild works just fine, it is now included with DirectAdmin it's no longer a separate download. If your trying to update it via some script or something from where it was originally downloaded from it will break it. DA is now also has different release channels. If you put in an old version from a old backup it will probably not work properly. The way some things work have changed in the last about 8 months.

If you need to fix your install you can always do an update:

Really? Thanks for the info, but it doesn't work for me on any of my servers and to test I just deleted it from plugins on one, then updated DA to latest version and there is no custombuild link in the control panel anywhere that I see.

Is it not supposed to have its own link somewhere? Is is still supposed to show up in the plugins section?

I originally updated it to latest version from the plugin page, as it was supposed to be done, has that changed? No documentation found saying anything useful otherwise.

The help section is no help at all, it says it is now included with DA and that it has a graphical interface, but neglects to say where to find it.

The fact that you say it works but it isn't working for me on several servers is evidence enough for me that this is a bug in DA, I won't hold my breath on a solution, that's for sure.

Thanks

Native CustomBuild integration is available only on Evolution skin :/

Thanks

Native CustomBuild integration is available only on Evolution skin :/

Indeed it is, took me some time before I noticed that too. I myself am not so happy about that. For several reasons I still appreciate the good old Enhanced skin, but for updates I unfortunately need to switch between Enhanced an Evolution...

Danny

I am trying to get used to evolution, but it has a terrible responsiveness. In terms if user interface. I tried reading logfiles. Setting the number of lines is jerky. And then scrolling is almost impossible. Sometimes it scrolls, and often not. Forcing you to open the result in a new window to bypass the scroll problem. But also the 'dropdown'. Why does DA have to reinvent the wheel? There is already a good working dropdown in every browser. But DA made one of their own, and this one does not retain its previous selection! And it opens only 3 lines. I think it looks like me, but on steroids. Why on me? I like to show off what I can do, technically. But this is an interface, and it must work fluently. Usability shuold be at the top of their priorities.

why this plugin removed from directamdin for new installation ?
It has not been maintained for a while, and you may get stuck on it as it is no longer working or not working correctly. Better take no risk!
The reason behind the 'why' is that it is a choice of DA, to continue developing the evolution skin and degrade/remove the old one(s). All I can say is 'go with the flow'.
PS: if you do use the old skin, if you add evo/ after :2222/ in the url, you can switch to and from the evolution skin (domain.com:2222/evo/ ). A good thing DA made it this flexible (imho).

Thank you all for the useful information. I haven't looked at my two servers for a long time and was very surprised when I didn't find my favorite plugin there. To everyone who still doesn't see Custombuild in the new Evolution skin, don't forget to switch to admin mode, by default it shows for the user and this plugin is not visible :) My brain is still in shock after switching to Evolution. I hope I will adapt and it will be really comfortable.

So I installed a new DirectAdmin server (directadmin 1.661)
And I wanted the CustomBuild webinterface, so I installed this plugin via the link. (custombuild plugin 1.0.33)

No errors shown, the option is available as expected in the webinterface, and all custombuild info is shown.
The save button is clickable.

However, the CustomBuild button ("Edit Options" page) is not actually saving the settings.
After the releading it does, the old settings are still shown.. and no error message or notification.

What is going wrong here?
If the plugin is not intended to work on this version, I would have expected to get informed by either DirectAdmin, the Plugin, or both. Along with a suggested step to resolve this ofcourse.

Somehow, I'm thinking the answer is "skins" ... but I hope not.
- New server is using the "enhanced" skin by default. And I prefer it becausei t shows a proper overview of available menu options.
- I had a older server with a newer (forgot the name) skin, that was at some time needed to avoid a bug in DA and CB.. and I now wonder if this was a bug at all .. if a new server has such a problem.

This plugin is not working anymore in newer DirectAdmin version. Can’t remember the exact version this has changed though.

This download link (and start post) should be updated imo. Plugin is installed by default on Evolution skin

Back