[PLUGIN] EN-ClamAV - ClamAV Interface for DirectAdmin

SmaragdnaDolina

Hello.

I installed both the plugin and the IonCube loader but I get the error:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

I checked it with a php.info script and the loader is there.

We have been going into this with a tech assistance from IonCube. This is part of the problem, as much as we have got so far:

Alastair Telford
10:40 AM (5 hours ago)

to me

Hi,

The 7.2 Loader *is* being found, that is not the problem. As you pasted in you were getting the following error:

Starting php-fpm56: Failed loading
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/
ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so: /
usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/
ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so: undefined symbol: zend_hash_str_find

So the Loader exists and has been found by php-fpm56 at /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/
ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so

However, it is the incompatibility that is the problem: it fails because the 7.2 Loader references the symbol zend_hash_str_find and PHP 5.6 does not have such a function.

The problem is simply that there is no php-fpm72 being run.

If you look at the "build ioncube.txt" document you attached you will see lines like the following:

Restarting php-fpm56
Restarting php-fpm70
Restarting php-fpm73

However, you will note there is no such line for php-fpm72.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you make anything of it?

Thanks.

SmaragdnaDolina

[root@server ~]# php -i |grep ionCube
Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader - it was already loaded
Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader - it was already loaded
with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v10.3.9, Copyright (c) 2002-2019, by ionCube Ltd.
ionCube Loader
ionCube24 features => unconfigured

roman_m

Verified User
create the file info.php containing

PHP:
<?php
    phpinfo();
?>
in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/clamscan/admin/

then visit https://your_diradmin_host:port/plugins/clamscan/info.php with browser authorized as admin.

Then look at output, search for Loader. If it's active, I dont' know how to help you. Try to contact plugin developer (I already try to contact him, but there is no reply).

SmaragdnaDolina

THANK YOU, I have been wasting hours in trying different locations for the blessed phpinfo script! :D

Apart from the one I already have, in the root of my html docs.

The IonCube tech assistance was asking me to place a phpinfo on port 2222 but I could not find the exact location to do that.

I'll be back in a few minutes.

roman_m

Verified User
Place file exactly in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/en-clamav/admin/ then make it executable.

file contents follows

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/php -nc/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/en-clamav/php.ini

<?php

phpinfo();

?>
Also, I think you forget to load the Loader in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/en-clamav/php.ini

If so, place a loader string into /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/en-clamav/php.ini like

Code:
zend_extension="/usr/local/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_fre_7.2.so"
(replace path with your Loader path & filename)

SmaragdnaDolina

Everything was already there.

Except for the script not being in the admin folder. I moved it there but I still get the "document not found" error.

Richard G

Verified User
On install via custombuild clamav is logging to the default system log, so /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog depending on the distro you're using.
If you want to use a seperate logfile for clamav, you have to specify and enable this in the /etc/clamd.conf configuration file.

SmaragdnaDolina

SOLVED.

A completely different issue.

The plugin could not find the correct directory.

The ClamAV package includes a php.ini file pointing to loader files for 4 versions of php. I had not noticed that in the beginning, I used the wizard to install.

Since the plugin was then complaining that ioncube was not installed, I proceeded to install it.

But the plugin was reading its own php.ini file and could not find ioncube.

Now that I put the correct directory in, it is finally working.

maxi32

Verified User
SOLVED.

A completely different issue.

The plugin could not find the correct directory.

The ClamAV package includes a php.ini file pointing to loader files for 4 versions of php. I had not noticed that in the beginning, I used the wizard to install.

Since the plugin was then complaining that ioncube was not installed, I proceeded to install it.

But the plugin was reading its own php.ini file and could not find ioncube.

Now that I put the correct directory in, it is finally working.
Installing ionCube will make your site slower when they are trying to decrypt PHP code from encrypted state. This was done to protect copyright code. Also with ioncube installed you will have no satisfaction to see what kind of vulnerabilities in the plugins (only the author can see). I hope that this plugin can be released as open source code and we can inspect if there is any vulnerabilities that the plugin has. This plugin is great but with ioncube thing, I won't use it for the sake of security. If author would like me to pay for this plugin like activation using subscription, I can do it but I got to see what the codes are doing.

I say this and from my past experience many of "black hats people" use the method encrypted php with ioncube in shell, rootkit to prevent other virus or malware detection. I'm not saying this plugin is dangerous but we all don't know what's inside the code.

ioncube is great to protect copyright code for developer side but if that is the only purpose it won't be any issues.