[PLUGIN] Softaculous for Direct Admin

I was doing a test install of Joomla and the install appeared to be going OK but when I went to the location where the install was done it told me that it could not connect to the database.

Anyhow I figure that I would go into the Softaculous control panel as I realized that I forgot to do the settings thing and when I went to edit the configuration setting this is the error that I got:
Code:
The following Errors were found :

* Could not locate universal.php at the path you specified

I am presuming there is supposed to be a universal.php file somewhere, just where oh where can I find it????

I am having the same issue. Problem for me now is I tried running the install again (thinking it failed the first time) and now I have 2 links under each panel (User and admin) for Softaculous.

It gets even worse.
I try to uninstall the plugin and it wont let me :eek::eek:

Code:
Details

uninstall.sh has been run:

Plugin Un-Installed!

Unable to write plugin data for softaculous
Code:
Result While De-Activating Plugins

Details

Unable to write /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/plugin.conf : Unable to open file for writing

Oops i need to read more
Code:
chown -R diradmin:diradmin /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous
did the trick

//Hans

Last edited:
The universal.php bug is fixed in 1.8.
Its a bug because of CRLF was being inserted as a linefeed in our Code Editor.
1.8 will have the same source file with only LF as a Line Feed. It fixes the error.

In the mean time we have and are updating our 100 scripts to remove the use of shell_exec() mysql import causing errors of mysql not connecting. Scripts that have been updated:
http://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=112&title=Script_Updates_using_new_MySQL_Functions

We plan to update the 100 scripts by 31 July

Regards,
Alons

Last edited:
So is anyone using this and not having trouble?

Does anyone recommend this plugin? (existing users)

Hi,

The Softaculous Team has completed updating 100 scripts to use the latest MySQL Function introduced in Softaculous 1.8
It means errors of not importing tables on servers having shell_exec() function disabled in PHP willl work properly.
This has already made Softaculous much more compatible on various servers.
Especially complaints on Direct Admin servers have been addressed!

We have introduced the Admin URL feature for the end users.
As we updated the Packages we also updated Scripts to thier lates versions. It means Softaculous is installing the latest of all 100 scripts. (we had to update Joomla and Geeklog twice!) We will keep this work going on and now keep all packages up - to - date.

The scripts will be updated via CRON Jobs on your servers.
We are now working on 1.9 which will involve developing the importer for Scripts (partially completed) so that Softaculous will be able to import any of the 100 scripts which it installs.

Hope you enjoy the newly updated packages and Softaculous 1.8 and you will definitely enjoy 1.9 when its out!

Regards,
The Softaculous Team

I guess that you all people forgot to thank softaculous, because this is an amazing plugin and it is free. It may have some issue to fix, but still, it's a great script.
If you don't like it, or don't want to try it just buy installatron for 200 dollars.

I'd installed this plugin and it seems pretty good.
I have a question:

Me and all my support stuff have wide monitors with a 1920 width resolution. The plugin is 100% wide and it spread to mutch. Is there any file I can edit to make it fixed wide?

The HTML and BODY tags are defined in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/themes/default/hf_theme.php

You cannot execute that command
The request you've made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level

This happens when I click on "logout".

I use spanish language, so logout means "cerrar sesión"

Regards

Its fixed in the new version to come out i.e. Softaculous 1.9
Its just a trailing slash '/' at the end of CMD_LOGOUT

Its fixed in the new version to come out i.e. Softaculous 1.9
Its just a trailing slash '/' at the end of CMD_LOGOUT

I didn't try it yet but I watched the demo and I think this's a very cool plugin I wonder why it Free.

I have a plan to translate all language files to my language. Where's the language files I need to translate.

We already have englisg as the primary language.
Anyways if you want to translate into any other language please refer to the files at:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/languages/english

Make a duplicate folder and rename it to your language.
It will appear in the control panel

Also please send us the files and we will make it available to all.

Regards,
Softaculous Team

Back