hello. when i try to upgrade 1.7 to 2.0

i have this error:

Update Logs
Requesting Information......Got information
Fetching Upgrade......Could not SAVE upgrade file......Abandoning

Its better you run the Shell command:
Root> php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php

[root@speed ~]# php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php

Warning: main(enduser/universal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 44

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'enduser/universal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 44

Warning: main(/globals.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 48

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/globals.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 48

Warning: main(/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 51

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 51

Warning: main(/softpanel.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 55

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/softpanel.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 55

Fatal error: Class 'softpanel' not found in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/cron.php on line 58

Hi,

It seems your installation of Softaculous is wrong.
Can you please post the universal.php file or better email it to our support.

The settings are not saved becoz in Direct Admin PHP runs as the user and not Root for the admin. So you will have to chmod the universal.php to 0777:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/universal.php

Sir please post for a support request about the domain list not working at softaculous.com

we must do it manually or software do it on install steps ?

Hi,

The Softaculous Team has released Softaculous 2.2 .
This version adds new features to Softaculous and removes some bugs.

A complete list of changes:

1) Better Environment Determination inside Panels.

2) License IP and Server IP will be shown in the Admin Panel.

3) CRON Emails were being sent without TO Addresses when any script was updated. This has been fixed.

4) Spanish Character Set was not working properly with UTF-8 as the Language files were not saved as Unicode. This has been fixed.

5) The Admin can now disable the End User news.

6) Script Language Strings for better langauge integration has been provided. At present only english strings were there. But now other languages will be made available soon.

7) A seperate page from which a user can choose to view demos of any script by clicking on the Script Logo has been added. The Icon is added in the Dock as well.

8) The Home Icon was creating confusion as it linked to the Control Panel from the Header and it also linked to the Hope Page of Softaculous Auto Installer from the Dock. To avoid confusion the Home Icon will now link only to the Home page of the Installer and a seperate icon is there for the Control Panel.

9) MySQL host detection has been added for Direct Admin. So a server having a MySQL host other than "localhost" will be properly detected.

10) Softaculous API has been extended to add Cron Jobs if scripts require a Cron Job.

11) cRUL support for the Softaculous API in Direct Admin has been added in 2.2. So if "allow_url_fopen" is set to FALSE Softaculous will try to use cRUL to connect with Direct Admin.

12) The Install Tab used to appear first for any script and on load it used to shift to the Overview Tab. This was caused because of a Slow JS loading. It is fixed in 2.2

13) Sofaculous API has been extended for scripts that require Data Directories to be stored in places NOT accessible via the WEB.

14) A seperate page from which a user can see Ratings of any script by clicking on the Script Logo has been added. The Icon is added in the Dock as well.

15) French Language caused a Blank Page when trying to delete a Script. This bug has been fixed.

We hope you enjoy this version of Softaculous. You will soon see some more improvements in the versions to come and also some more scripts!

Regards,
The Softaculous Team

Hi,

The Softaculous team is EXTREMELY excited to announce the addition of WHMCS - a leading all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses:
https://www.whmcs.com

The version we have added is the latest 4.1.1 .

Softaculous will install WHMCS in just ONE step. Everything from creating Databases, Cron Jobs, Uploading files, CHMODing files will be done by Softaculous. Softaculous will install the WHMCS data folder in a directory not accessible via the web to maintain the security of WHMCS. Upgrading will also be possible via Softaculous.

The WHMCS Team has worked with the Softaculous Team and has made this possible.
We would like to thank the Matt (WHMCS Owner) and the WHMCS Team for this.

We are sure Softaculous users will love this addition.
It will make things a lot easier for Web Hosts especially new web hosts who find it difficult to install scripts.
Dedicated and VPS Providers can now offer easy installation of WHMCS to their clients by offering Softaculous.

Please post your views here.

Regards,
The Softaculous Team

Please don't take this as a joke.

I am really interested in replacing Installatron with this, it's just that the name "Softaculous", in spanish doesn't sound that good, cause it has the word ass in it and it kinda sticks out.

My question is, would it be possible to call it something else for our setups ? Or does Softaculous show up everywhere ?

Last edited:
@cyberneticos LoL

softaculous in spanish sounds softaCULOS where CULOS is ass :D

Right, I wasn't trying to make a joke out of it,. even though, it's inevitably funny. (sad but true)

What I want to know is if I can modify the logos easily and the name of the software. For example: "SuperInstalador" ,etc. I just don't see myself selling a Softaculous on my web, but I really want to use this new software.

Hi,

Well we didnt know that!
And there are many scripts having 'culous' in their names including many english words.
Its I guess to the user reading it of how he interprets it!

Anyways we are working on a fully brandable version.
Will post you on that!

But as I said its just in your mind.
99.9% wont even notice it.

urgido did you notice it before this was pointed out ?
Like that I am sure you can point out many funny things in all names.

Regards,
Alons

Ok Excellent,

If we could call it something else, that would be fantastic. Maybe I'm a pervert and noticed before anyone, else, but hey, I have perverted customers too !

There's nothing wrong with the name. Just that in spanish, I would rather sell it under a differente name.

The branding will be an awesome feature. Once you have that in place, you can consider us a new customer.

Thanks ! Sorry for the scandal.

I have question, is it possible to enable or disable Softaculous for seperate user accounts within my directAdmin panel.
Im interessted in buying an server/lifetime license, but there are some users who i rather not have installing all kinda of random scripts.
So something I can't find anywhere, is it possible to enable/disable on each account, or do i have to choose whole server / no-one @ sever!?

thanks in advance.

I have question, is it possible to enable or disable Softaculous for seperate user accounts within my directAdmin panel.
Im interessted in buying an server/lifetime license, but there are some users who i rather not have installing all kinda of random scripts.
So something I can't find anywhere, is it possible to enable/disable on each account, or do i have to choose whole server / no-one @ sever!?

thanks in advance.

This feature is coming up in 2.3

Hi,

The Softaculous Team has released Softaculous 1.7.
From this version onwards Softaculous has become available as a PLUGIN for Direct Admin.

To install Softaculous into Direct Admin please follow the Installation instructions:
http://www.softaculous.com/docs/install_direct_admin

We hope users of Direct Admin enjoy Softaculous!
If you have any suggestions/feedback please post them here.

Annoucement Topic:
http://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=80&title=Softaculous_for_Direct_Admin_and_Version_1.7

Regards,
The Softaculous Team

Id like to ask, what is the purpose of even writing this application? To step on the toes of others, eg Installatron and for what purpose? Im sorry but if you cant afford $60 bucks a year to install and run Installatron you should get out of the biz. But to me, this is a direct slap in the face and you have not offered anything that hasnt already been written. You get zero brownie points here.

Instead of wasting time creating applications that already exsits, you time could have been better spent creating a plugin that was not already created. I can think of about 20 plugins that could have been developed instead of this.

Last edited:
Back