[RELEASE] Installatron (DirectAdmin auto script installer)

l0rdphi1

Verified User
[RELEASE] Installatron (DirectAdmin script auto-installer and auto-upgrader)

Installatron is a native DirectAdmin plugin that provides you and your customers an intuitive interface to install, manage, upgrade, and backup/restore a premier collection of the best applications on the web, all instantly at the click of a button.

Please visit our website at www.installatron.com to find more information on this and subsequent versions. There's also a completely free, unrestricted version that is limited to one domain.

Cheers, Phil

Last edited:
Congrats on your beta release!

What scripts are included so far and what scripts are you going to be adding for the final?

Installatron currently supports three scripts: Invision Power Board, PHP Nuke, and Coranto.

However, Installatron has the ability to add titles without upgrading -- there's a link that allows you to download a new a "software.dat" form our server, and we'll be updating that fairly regularly. At some point you should be able to select the titles you offer to your users too.

On adding your own titles, check out /usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_installatron/software.dat. It's a pretty simple system. Keep in mind, though, that if you download an update from us, your file gets overwritten.

Ok, I just tried it but I keep getting the following once I click Install:

No usable domains can be found for installation of this software.

Any ideas?

Eddie

Yes, whoops :) You need multiple domains on your account for the old version to work. I've fix the tarball. rm -fr /usr/local/directadmin/xserv and simply follow the bulleted steps in my initial post.

Hello,

Congrats with your release!!!

But when this thing is setup, does it also take an database away from the user?

Thank you,

Kevin Overtoom

Installatron itself does not use any databases; however, the scripts your users install may.

I have a problem with it, when I try to install a script and it shows the domain to install to, I get something like that:

www. Panneau.de.contrôle *{...]

Weird :confused:

Congratulations!

I'll patch my skins so it would automatically detect your installer so admins won't have to edit anything.

While testing it i found one big problem: you use exit() to exit your script, but i use php in my skins so it exists whole skin and doesn't show footer. Can you please change exit() to return()

Yes, I can change exit() to return(). Another solution should be to execute the XServ API in a different PHP invocation, but that may not work dependent on your skin design.

I should be releasing version .4 in a short while with this and a few other fixes. :)

I'm going to put .4 off until I get home this evening. This will allow me to write a proper install/upgrade script for Installatron, cutting the work involved for the admin down to zilch. :)

Last edited:
Also, the copy of software.dat on my server has been updated with a fix for the "Coranto" CMS application. Feel free to update your software.dat using the built-in update feature. :)

Version .4 beta is up. See original post.

Added 'Installs' column on applications list.
Added new Installatron install/upgrade script. (yay!)
Fixed numerous bugs.
Changed 'exit()' to 'return()'

Enjoy :D

Hi,

You corrected some issues I was having but I still have problems. It says that I don't have any spare databases available although the account has unlimited databases.

Got an idea?

Last edited:
Back