Release: JTbox (Jon's Toolbox)

Apologies, just posted here because this plug-in is well publicised here and wondered if other users were having the same support issues knowing the the vendor is also a keen contributor on these forums. Not had a problem getting in touch with this vendor in the past.

I am a little confused by your remarks, as looking through posts for other 3rd party software threads there seems to be plenty of support requests posted and responded to, AWstats plug-in thread for example? Where have I gone wrong by posting my issues here as I thought this maybe of interested to other DA users who have or are trying to use this plug-in?

Jon at Mark87 has been in contact since.

Neil

Last edited:
I know how important it is for those who create DA-specific products to have a place to announce them to the DirectAdmin community. I also know (I did it myself, selling Secure Certificates) how easy it is to use the DA forums in lieu of a wholly contained marketing and support channel for such products.

I voluntarily deleted my whole thread some time ago, but I'm not asking that of Jon. I'm asking only that when you need support for your product, you ask it of Jon, and not here.

I know using these forums for support for third-party products has been done quite a bit in the past. I also remember when DA staff posted to one of these threads (I'm sorry but I don't remember which one) asking that support be taken up directly with those vendors; I'm merely reiterating that request.

Jeff

Yes, if you need help please email me at [email protected] and I'll get you taken care of as quickly as possible.

And while we're on this topic I have some news! I am transitioning to new support management software within the next day so hopefully response times will drop somewhat with better organization.

PHP5 support would be the obvious next step

Like others I have the modules from JTBox and would like to know when a version for php5 will be developed.

regards

Jon

PHP5 will be supported in the next version but no release date has been set yet. A rough target of the end of this month has been decided on though :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have an important announcement.

JTbox v3 development has started! :) This new version will feature an updated user interface with live feedback instead of a queue system so that you know if something goes wrong. Once the framework is done I will be going through adding functionality starting with the Move Domain tool since that is the most popular. Once that is done the first initial release will be made.

JTbox v2 has entered a minimal development period. JTbox v2 will reach end of life December 31, 2007. No support will be provided for v2 after that time however licenses will continue to operate indefinately. PHP5 support along with several other fixes will be released later this month. PHP5 is probably the last major change that will take place besides any small bugfixes.

Concerning upgrades from v2 to v3, v2 license holders will be offered a special limited time upgrade dicsount following the first few weeks of the v3 release (probably 75%) before dropping down to regular discount of probably 40%. This has not been confirmed yet so it might change. The v3 licensing scheme has not been decided on yet either.

------------

I'm really looking for your input on the new licensing practices that we will be implementing with v3. As it stands now there are two options:
1. I offer each module individually as before but at a higher cost
2. I offer everything for one lower price but with time limited support and upgrades.

I'm also looking for new functionality ideas. I will be rereading this entire thread soon looking for ideas but I also want to hear what modules you guys would like to see built and in what order. As it stands now the current development priority is as follows:
1. Move a domain
2. Reassign a user to another reseller
3. Change a user to a reseller or vice versa

I will probably be dropping the Change IP netmask module and Log Viewer since they do not seem to be as popular. Additional functionality such as importers etc will probably be added after that.

Now is your time to speak and be heard, your input will be used in shaping v3 development so if you don't say anything you can't complain about it later!

Please send your feedback to [email protected]

Sure, just drop the Early in the subject and that should be fine. I was thinking of starting a new thread for v3 when it is released...

move user level to reseller

Estimated, this application (JTBOX) ican use it to move domains of the user level a reseller.

I repeat my question, I need to move 47 domains that are on the user level of the admin, can I pass them on to a reseller with this scrip?

Last edited:
mark i had bought the script almost 1 week ago, i paid with paypal and i still waiting the key to active the plug in, if you cant deliver it, could make a charge back?

Maildir / Dovecot mail moved also?

Love JTBox plugin, it has been a great help to me on many occasions!

I used it today, first time in a long time, but it seemed that the existing email messages were not migrated along with the rest of the domain.

The email accounts were moved, just not the stored mail residing on the server.

Luckily it did not matter for this domain, the mailbox was mostly just spam anyway.

My server has been upgraded to use Maildir/Dovecot since the last time I ran the JTBox move domain command.

For future reference, can you let me know if Maildir/Dovecot messages are supposed to be moved when a domain is moved?

Thanks and regards,

Michael :)

Maildir / Dovecot follow up -- extra info

I found this email after doing the "move domain"

Looks possibly related to my post above.

Code:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 December 2007 3:44 AM
To: [email][email protected][/email]
Subject: Cron <root@da7> /usr/local/bin/php -c /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/shared/php.ini /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/task_manager.php

chown: failed to get attributes of `/home/shandycom/domains/shandy.com/private_html': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/home/shandy/mail/shandy.com': No such file or directory

I was moving a domain from the username "shandy" to the username "shandycom"

Got a question about the Toolbox.
I've used it on 2 servers to move domains around between users, however, it seemed to give 'some' problems.
First of all, permissions for the IMAP / POP3 directories / files weren't correct, ofcourse that was rather easy to fix.
Secondly, this was the first time I had to relocate users with databases. Now, the databases don't show up in DA under the new user anymore. My guess would be that DA uses the prefix in the db name to also identify the correct user to a db.
But what I am really concerned about, one of the servers in question will be taken down soon. So I will have to move all the users to a brand new server. No problems there, however, what I wonder about, will the databases be included in the restore attempt, or do I also need to backup / move the old users to the same server, to make sure the 'moved databases' are still working?

Back