Votes: 0 0.0%
  • €30 - €40

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • €20 - €30

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite funny, resolveit, I made an order on spamblocker and didn't retrive any mail, so I had a look in our mailservers log and found this:
Sender refused by the DNSBL Please visit ordb.org for an explanation
:D

I've whitelisted your mailserver, could you please resend the activation mail for my account "aleborg"?

Last edited:
I've activated your account on DAPlugins.net. Please log into your account using the username and password you provided.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

@how@ said:
I mean in configuration i cant change any thing

Attach file

This probably means that the cron-job is not running.

Check /etc/crontab to see if this entry is listed...

Code:
*/1 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php > /dev/null

If it's not in there the add it and things should work :)

resolveit said:
This probably means that the cron-job is not running.

Check /etc/crontab to see if this entry is listed...

Code:
*/1 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php > /dev/null

If it's not in there the add it and things should work :)

corn alradey in etc/crontab any other help

@how@,

1) Do you get any error messages?

2) Can you check the content of /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/data

3) If you run "/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php" from the commandline as root, do you then get any error messages?

Regards,

In ssh
/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php
PHP script <B>/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/runtime_queue.php</B> is protected by <A HREF="http://www.sourceguardian.com/">SourceGuardian</A> and requires file <B>ixed.4.4.2.lin</B> or <B>ixed.4.4.lin</B>.<BR>Please read <A HREF="http://www.sourceguardian.com/ixeds/">SourceGuardian protected scripts manual</A>.

This means that you are need to download the linux ixed files for PHP 4.4 ( I will include them in future releases of the plugin) and place them in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/ixed

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

@how@ said:
In ssh
/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/cron.php
PHP script <B>/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/shared/runtime_queue.php</B> is protected by <A HREF="http://www.sourceguardian.com/">SourceGuardian</A> and requires file <B>ixed.4.4.2.lin</B> or <B>ixed.4.4.lin</B>.<BR>Please read <A HREF="http://www.sourceguardian.com/ixeds/">SourceGuardian protected scripts manual</A>.

sky said:
Hello

When i added the licence number, then i got this error :

What does that mean?

check to see if you can do the following from the commandline

# wget http://www.daplugins.net/remote.php

It should give you a 0-byte file but more important you should get the following

Code:
Resolving [url]www.daplugins.net...[/url] 62.212.91.160
Connecting to [url]www.daplugins.net[/url]|62.212.91.160|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

If you get anything other than "200 OK" as a response you problably need to review your firewall policy.

Please let me know the outcome so other people can learn from this.

I see that a lot of people having problems with installing this plugin.

Before I want to buy this one, has anybody have good results (blocking the spam) after installing this plugin?

extor said:

Before I want to buy this one, has anybody have good results (blocking the spam) after installing this plugin?

Note the plugin is only a simple way to manage the exim.conf and other SpamBlocker related files.

SpamBlocker is distributed with all DA installations and many people manage the files manually and it works the same as if you've got the plugin installed.

The only difference is that the files you had to edit by hand can now be edited through a graphical interface in your admin control panel.

extor said:

I put together this page ( http://www.budgethosting.nl/uk/spamreport.php ) using the script located here (no the script does noet give you an html format, the output is plain text) as an indication of what SpamBlocker is blocking on some of my servers.

I had a few problems with this plugin, I didnt do a ticket as I am not the licence holder but I will be happy to discuss this with the dev to help to resolve it. The issue I have fixed myself but what happened is below.

It initially threw up an error in DA on installation about missed ixed libraries, the 4.4 version is not bundled dispite php 4.4.x now been months old. I think this is a simple fix guys and a bit careless for a commercial product as I believe this error caused the remaining problems I had.

I then installed the ixed libraries and a new error comes up about the licence been invalid, I looked around in DA but no where to enter it so I hunt in ssh for a manual way to enter the licence. The file it seems I need to edit doesnt exist, so I guess that because of the ixed problem installation is incomplete.

I then ran the install.sh from the scripts dir which seemed to install the missing files. I then manually entered the licence in ssh, I then got a error that it couldnt contact the licence servers but there was connectivity, the actul fault was a space at the end of the licence number and when removed it worked. So perhaps the error can be more accurate for this problem as well.

After this the plugin appears to be working. I will report if I find any more problems.

A question tho as I am curious, spamassassin uses many advanced filtering to catch spam such as looking for special words in the body and subject and contacting dcc servers. Does spamblocker solely rely on spam blacklists sorbs etc. or does it have its own filtering techniques as well?

Last edited:
Chrysalis said:
It initially threw up an error in DA on installation about missed ixed libraries, the 4.4 version is not bundled dispite php 4.4.x now been months old. I think this is a simple fix guys and a bit careless for a commercial product as I believe this error caused the remaining problems I had.
We'll look into these issues.
A question tho as I am curious, spamassassin uses many advanced filtering to catch spam such as looking for special words in the body and subject and contacting dcc servers. Does spamblocker solely rely on spam blacklists sorbs etc. or does it have its own filtering techniques as well?
SpamBlocker relies on blocklists. Future versions of the SpamBlocker Plugin and/or MailBlocker will allow you to pick and choose your blocklists.

Jeff

another question, if the exim.conf is non standard, (has added exiscan and a different message size limit) if an option is changed in the plugin does it just ammend the appropriate lines or reset the whole config file?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back