AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

Ok, thx, thats ok now :)
Its not the right topix, but, can i desactivate the other stat (webalizer)... or does he just generate the stats from the logs with out doing anything else ?

2 stats script is to much i find, and, awstats is a much better one i find.

Thx :p

Sky

installed on another box I still need to do chmod u+x awstats.pl everytime for each domain.

can this be added to the script so its automated?

Okay, what the script does is setting the owner to user and give permissions: chmod 0775

Can't think of anything else! Will add an extra command to it as soon as I can think of where it goes wrong!

bug in last version 1.8?

I have just updated to the last version of this plugin, the 1.8 version. However when I installed it in a domain I received an internal server error.

BTW the httpd error log showed this:
Premature end of script headers: ... awstats.pl

Finally replaced the awstats.pl file with one from the previous installed version and it worked ok.

I cant test this as I dont know what file to change that runs the user installer but I found this info in man chmod.

-L If the -R option is specified, all symbolic links are followed.

-P If the -R option is specified, no symbolic links are followed. This is the default.

/home on freebsd is a symlink by default and the actual path is /usr/home. So if you add -L to the script that it runs this could fix the issue I have.

/user/index.html (the last part) does the installing

I will add a system command to the awstats plugin and hope it will then be fixed ;)

For the premature end of script headers :s strange! but this could be a rights problem too. You could check the /var/log/httpd/suexec_log

Update 1.9

*- Premature end of script headers fix by setting group permissions not writable too. (Suexec says it's writable by others, but it isn't)

*- Add a chmod -L for FreeBSD, on RH distro's this command doesn't do anything. (So both are run)

still isnt working (baffled)

your command you use should work it works when I run the same command manually, so I dont know why it isnt installing it correct.

---edit---

I got chmod,chown disabled in php.ini it was breaking the script. When I enable them again it works fine.

Last edited:
Chrysalis said:
still isnt working (baffled)

your command you use should work it works when I run the same command manually, so I dont know why it isnt installing it correct.

---edit---

I got chmod,chown disabled in php.ini it was breaking the script. When I enable them again it works fine.

So where do you think the problem resides in ?

it was php.ini blocking the chmod command, I didnt know directadmin is bound by apache/php restrictions.

Hi!

When i want put Password protect ... (Tune AwStats)

i have this Errors:

---------------
Warning: copy(/home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/awstats/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/options.php on line 34 Warning: fopen(/home/user//domains/domain.com/public_html/awstats/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/options.php on line 35 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/options.php on line 36 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/options.php on line 37 Password protected!
---------------

Why???

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Width the new issue, i still have the same problem's as DRKT.
I even deleted all Awstats and re-installed :)

Is there a manual thing to do so the password protection work?

Thx for that nice work 8), i fond Awstats pretty fine !

Sky

Hi Guys,

I've installed awstats on all domains on a server. My client wants to visit it at /stats/ instead of /awstats/, but I already installed it.

I thought: let's make an apache alias like:

alias /awstats/ "/stats/", but that's only to alias to local paths.

Any clue how to map that in apache?

okay

set you're self in the root of public_html of that user:

cd /home/[user]/domains/[domainname]/public_html

ln -s awstats stats

Back