cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

Transfer backups from DirectAdmin to Capel

Hello

I need help that How can I transfer the backups from DirectAdmin Control Panel to Cpanel?

is it possible?

Thanks

Re: Transfer backups from DirectAdmin to Capel

IRLAMP said:
Hello

I need help that How can I transfer the backups from DirectAdmin Control Panel to Cpanel?

is it possible?

Thanks

Now why on earth would you like to do that??

I have cPanel boxes and DA boxes, and I'm in the process of migrating all my cPanel boxes to DA because there is almost nothing in cPanel that I don't have in DA that is useful both for me and my end users.
Give me few examples of what you need in DA that you don't currently have and we can probably find the right way to do it withou much hassle.

-Alon.

Transfer backups from DirectAdmin to Capel

Thanks for your reply

I don't have any problem but the control Panel that is used on the new server is Cpanel And I have to transfer my accounts there.

Thanks

Sorry to be so ignorant, but is this post initial transfer? Or does this replace (ie the NEW) initial transfer?

getUP said:
Seems to be going fine now.

My latest version with IMAP support:

# wget http://www.l0rdphi1.com/tools/da.cpanel.import.tar.gz
# wget http://83.98.148.16/imap_da.cpanel.import.pl
# tar zxf da.cpanel.import.tar.gz
# mkdir import export
# chmod +x imap_da.cpanel.import.pl

Customize defaults.conf

# ./imap_da.cpanel.import.pl

And follow on-screen instructions.

sgwebcity said:
could anybody do me a favour and help me convert my cpanel backup to a dadmin one.

Use the Force.....

Have you tried to follow any of the steps and tools provided?

I won't lecture you about the added values and how important it is that you understand how to do it yourself,.. but, you need to do at least the few steps and when you hit a wall, then ask questions that we can walk you through 'mysterious' processes.

Start by d/l the utility and setting the directories as instructed by the author.
then, ask your question so we can help you specifically.

Hi guys, I'm a cPanel refugee-to-be (I hope!), now that I've found this tool - thanks for writing it, l0rdphi1!
However, there's one problem, as I need IMAP emails converted, and this link:
getUP said:
...now appears to be dead. :( Does anyone know if it was superseded/built in to the main script, or if a copy is available elsewhere? I hope DA makes this an official feature in future, because I'm sure they'd get more cPanel refugees if accounts/settings could be easily imported from the admin panel.

Thanks for any help. :)

I am trying to convert a big account from cpanel to da. the backup file size is around 900MB. It contains emails only. But after converting, only the pop3 accounts were converted, without any email messages.

is there any way to keep the email messages?

thanks,

gate2vn said:
I am trying to convert a big account from cpanel to da. the backup file size is around 900MB. It contains emails only. But after converting, only the pop3 accounts were converted, without any email messages.

is there any way to keep the email messages?

thanks,
I had the same problem when testing the tool on my cPanel sever (10.9.0-RELEASE 57) - I don't have access to a DA installation yet. I'm assuming something about the backup format has changed subtly since the current release of the tool was last tested.

I think I've found the problem and a solution, from what I understand of Perl/shell scripting and the DA backup format. However, since I can't test it with DA, it's not guaranteed to be correct.

In the latest version of da.cpanel.import.pl, find:
Code:
my $cP_mbox_domain_bit = $domain eq $cp_user{DNS} ? '' : "/$domain";
and replace with:
Code:
my $cP_mbox_domain_bit = $domain eq $cp_user{DNS} ? "/$cp_user{DNS}" : "/$domain";
Hope that helps. :)

I think the reason is recent version of cPanel has switched to imap. but this tool is converting pop3 only, not imap

So, only the accounts can be converted. I have to move messages manually. However, now, everytime going to Squirrelmail, it says

"ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: FETCH 1:* (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)])"

is there any idea to fix?

thanks,

I have no idea how to fix that, sorry. :( Maybe l0rdphi1 (the tool's author) or getUP (who created the IMAP add-on to the script, the link to which is now dead) can help... If I knew more about cPanel's parasitical nature, I'd see what I could do myself. :\

Hi
I need to do this tools or something like this for Transferring from DA to Cpanel Please help me, and please don't ask about reason
;)

Last edited:
Hi i'm new here.
My old server was using CP with mysql 5.?.? with the new password format.
my new server is with DA and i updated mysql to the version using the manuel in the FAQ.
but now i want to restore a CP backup on the DA server using this script and it looks like almost everything is working only the mysql part.

An error occurred during the restore. Today at 13:14
Unable to restore database djwizard_agbook1.sql to djwizard_agbook1 : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'djwizard'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Unable to restore database djwizard_wizard.sql to djwizard_wizard : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'djwizard'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Database '' doesn't belong to you.

can someone help me?
i think this is becouse the different mysql in passwords.
if there a way up check or update mysql on DA to use the new password ?

I found something.
i have created a test user (named dynamike) and add a database with the user dynamike_home
if i create a backup now i see a file dynamike_home.conf with the user pref in it for the sql
if u check the tarbal created by this script i see the sql databases but no .conf file with the sql user pref.

Last edited:
Firstly: Lordph1l, you de man dawg :)

Secondly: the converter does not seem to take account of any files/directories in the root of a users home directory (/home/user/).

Under normal circumstances i accept that a user shouldnt place files there, but how many normal users are there?

Hi
Total newbies to server world when comes to using "wget" etc i am good in learning thing so want to try it before i tell my current host to do it for me.
1. First where do i type all this command line listed by author? wget etc.
2. On my current cpnael account i have a main website account and than several sub domain account. So Would the script convert everything?

Hi
Total newbies to server world when comes to using "wget" etc i am good in learning thing so want to try it before i tell my current host to do it for me.
1. First where do i type all this command line listed by author? wget etc.
2. On my current cpnael account i have a main website account and than several sub domain account. So Would the script convert everything?

Using SSH2 (AKA SSH).
You need to d/l a program like putty (putty.exe) that will open a Shell window (like an old DOS) window and then you can login to the server and issue such commands.

this is a good thing, but would also be good to have a windows based app to do conversion of already downloaded sites, any such animal?
can this be run from a pc?

hi

i got error while

Copying remaining files...
Creating domain pointers...
Translating any Crontab entries... 0 total..
Dumping databases...
Creating DirectAdmin tarball...
Cleaning up...
Success!

1 tarballs attempted/converted.

Transfer process running...
ssh: y: Name or service not known
lost connection
~fin.

error

hello

im trying to move cpanel accounts to DA and i done everything that has been said and i get this error

Examining backup-sota-gaming.com-10-24-2006.tar.gz...
Fround user backup-sota-gaming.com-10-24-2006..mv: cannot stat `./import
/backup-sota-gaming.com-10-24-2006': No such file or directory
Copying remaining files... mv: cannot stat `./import/backup-sota-gaming.
com-10-24-2006/homedir/public_html': No such file or directory

Creating domain pointers...
Translating any Crontab entries... 0 total..
Dumping databases...
Creating DirectAdmin tarball...
Cleaning up...
Success!

1 tarballs attempted/converted.

~fin.

any one got any ideas?

i need help asap i have msn [email protected]

Thanks

Chris

Back