[PLUGIN] CustomBuild 2.0

I'd suggest creating a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com with access details. It might be a custom version of Evolution or something like this.

1.0.24 was reserved for DA 1.57, and has been released now, it uses vue version of plugin for Evolution, I hope you will enjoy it :) For other plugin developers who do great things for the community (for example, Alex) - you may find "vue-src" folder with everything open-source. It's not used by plugin at all, as vue/ is using compiled version of it, so, I've left this directory especially for plugin developers. More information on the feature: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2270

I'll post some vue widget examples soon too.

USING 1.56

but in updates it have with plugins :
CustomBuild 2.0 1.0.23 1.0.24

So do/start this update with DA version 1.56 or not?

USING 1.56

but in updates it have with plugins :
CustomBuild 2.0 1.0.23 1.0.24

So do/start this update with DA version 1.56 or not?

Yes, it should work fine with DA 1.56, however, I'd suggest updating to 1.57 as 1.56 is quite old :)

CustomBuild plugin translation

Hello,

I was using CB plugin 1.0.23. I translated into Turkish modifying some php files.

I upgraded to 1.0.24 version today and saw there are dictionary.pot and .vue files.

Is it easier to translate plugin by now and how?

Thanks

Yes, but only for Evolution theme :) You may use ./vue-src/lang/dictionary.pot for translation and then upload it as ./lang/tr.po.

Great. I'm using evolution too with my translation since start of the year.

Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't work for me. I create lang directory and put the file as
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/lang/tr.po
and assign diradmin user permissions both folder and file. But no success.

Wow this plugin save a lot of time doing this on command line and then running screen so it can complete without having to stay logon via SSH. I have not had any issue with it yet but if I do I will update this thread.

CustomBuild plugin translation

Update: Translation issue is solved after DA 1.57.2 upgrade.

Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't work for me. I create lang directory and put the file as
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/lang/tr.po
and assign diradmin user permissions both folder and file. But no success.

where i can find the script dovecot_compress.sh as it says in options?

In "/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/".

NOTE: I do not recommend activating that option "mail_compress", until Smtalk provides information on how it works and how it affects the mail system, I have not seen any reference to this new option in the Directadmin updates and no mention appears in the "Mail options" section of the thread "CustomBuild 2.0 FAQ". Also, the script does not work correctly.

Last edited:
mail_compress=yes should be safe to use, it just gzips new emails received, old emails are left untouched. To gzip old emails, dovecot_compress.sh should be used. It worked fine in testing environment to compress old emails, however, it hasn't been extensively tested (no feedback from production boxes yet), so there might be minor issues with it :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I recommend running "./build update; ./build dovecot" before this, as dovecot maildir locking mechanism segfaulted with older versions, so, it's just to make sure it works as expected.

mail_compress=yes should be safe to use, it just gzips new emails received, old emails are left untouched. To gzip old emails, dovecot_compress.sh should be used. It worked fine in testing environment to compress old emails, however, it hasn't been extensively tested (no feedback from production boxes yet), so there might be minor issues with it :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I recommend running "./build update; ./build dovecot" before this, as dovecot maildir locking mechanism segfaulted with older versions, so, it's just to make sure it works as expected.

Thanks Smtalk for the clarification.

The script reports the following:

Code:
[root@eadu scripts]# ./dovecot_compress.sh
Usage:
./dovecot_compress.sh /home/user/imap/domains/domain.com/email/Maildir
you gave #0: ./dovecot_compress.sh

This route "/home/user/imap/domains/domain.com/email/Maildir" does not correspond to the existing one in the "home" of the users, however I have tried with the following route, where are the user's emails and this is the result:

Code:
[root@eadu scripts]# du -sh /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir
53M     /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir

[root@eadu scripts]# ./dovecot_compress.sh /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir
Checking for directories in /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DA: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DA. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Updates: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Updates. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DMARC: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DMARC. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Forensic: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Forensic. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.OS: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.OS. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Updates: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Updates. Skipping...
Size before compression: 13M
Panic: BUG: No IOs or timeouts set. Not waiting for infinity.
Error: Raw backtrace: /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(+0xd95ee) [0x7fda757635ee] -> /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(+0xd9631) [0x7fda75763631] -> /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(i_fatal+0) [0x7fda756c915f] -> /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(+0xf0d1c) [0x7fda7577ad1c] -> /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(io_loop_handler_run_internal+0x36) [0x7fda7577d796] -> /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(io_loop_handler_run+0x56) [0x7fda7577bf56] -> /usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot.so.0(io_loop_run+0x38) [0x7fda7577c178] -> /usr/libexec/dovecot/maildirlock(main+0x24a) [0x55cb61ecc2ca] -> /lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7fda752df3d5] -> /usr/libexec/dovecot/maildirlock(+0x13a2) [0x55cb61ecc3a2]
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 75: kill: (300115) - No such process
Compressed /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/cur...
Size after compression: 5.5M
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DA: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DA. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Alertas: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Alertas. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DMARC: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/.DMARC. Skipping...
./dovecot_compress.sh: line 45: cd: /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Reports: No such file or directory
Failed to cd to /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/tecnico/Maildir/Reports. Skipping...

I'm not sure if the problem is not having done the "./build update" and "./build dovecot" after activating this option, I'll try again.

Last edited:
Yes, it is the bug in dovecot I was talking about. This is why I recommend everyone to build dovecot before running the script :)

Thanks another great piece of work. Can this plugin be installed via the cmd line?

Please let me know your feedback, feature requests, bugs etc.

Hey is it possible to see in the plugin somewhere. What actually currently installed on the Server?

Example let's say I had apache installed. Now I want to install openlitespeed or nginix. How can I tell which is installed? AKA ./build versions in the backend...

Here's a screenshot of a server with custom build options seen from my cellphone.

The option to change web servers is a drop down.

View attachment 2580
View attachment 2581
View attachment 2582

Not sure if you are replying to me or not..
That is not what mine looks like on evolution. if you switch over to the new default theme it will look different. Also, I am not asking about the options.conf. I asking about a screen for ./build versions.

Back