Release: JTbox (Jon's Toolbox)

forgot to ask this plugin does function fine on both FreeBSD 4.x and 5.3/5.4 correct? If so I might give it a try.

Installed quite easily, I'll have to mess around with the modules I ordered later sometime. This module doesn't require any perl modules beyond what is installed by default correct? (as it looks as though nothing is indicated to that extent).

Correct again. Some of the search and replace code was easier to write in perl. Making everything pure php and C will probably happen in the near future.

The move domain module has been updated to support domains containing multiple periods(.), for example .co.uk
The current version is 1.0.1

I'm pleased to announce a new round of updates for JTbox and nearly all of the available modules.

I have added links to the detailed changelogs in my first post.
For those who like short, sweet, and to the point:
Dependency on DirectAdmin's API was removed to JTbox's own API, for technical reasons and most of the modules have had some design changes.
-------
You can write your own modules for JTbox!

What is the benefit of this vs. writing your own plugin you ask?
A lot of work has already been done on base systems that you might need.
A few examples:
JTbox already has a setuid wrapper for elevating privileges.
JTbox has it's own API for directadmin which can be used in combination with the wrapper to achieve your needed tasks.
With JTbox, you can run privilege elevated scripts by users live, or queue them to run in the background.

If you would like technical information on building your own module for JTbox, please send an email to [email protected]

The Log Viewer module has been updated to v2.1.0

Here are the exciting changes:
v2.1.0 - <11/15/05>
-----------------------------------------

- License check no longer uses sockets
- Errors out if /sbin/ifconfig can't be opened
- New php algorithm for retrieving and grepping last xxx lines
- Correct number of lines shown when grepping (bugfix)
- tail & grep dependency removed
- Logs displayed newest to oldest
- Go Home link fixed

Tip: You can add, delete, and modify logs that your users are allowed to view by modifying the /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/data/log_viewer.conf file. The MAX number of lines a user is allowed to view at one time can also be configured in this file.

Last edited:
Problem with the install of plugin from this url:

http://www.mark87.com/directadmin/p...ox/jtbox.tar.gz

"jtbox successfully downloaded
Error unpacking /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/plugin.tar.gz : Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/plugin.tar.gz : gzip: stdin: not in gzip format /bin/tar: Child returned status 1 /bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors : tar returned error code 512

No install.sh script was found. Script not executed."

The link (if it is a link) jtbox isn't there.

This is on the free license.

Jon

Make sure to get the full link, the forums condense it replacing some of it with ...

mark87.com/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/jtbox.tar.gz

You should be able to delete the plugin through DirectAdmin's Plugin Management page, then reinstall it as new.

It's possible. Remove the following file:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/hooks/user_txt.html

I am working on having user level modules displayed as if they were their own plugins and only if they are active.

Last edited:
jmstacey said:
You should be able to delete the plugin through DirectAdmin's Plugin Management page, then reinstall it as new.

I'm unable to unistall the plugin:

"Details
No uninstall.sh script was found. Script not executed."

Can I delete the folder in the plugins folder within directadmin or is there more to it than that?

Jon

I reinstalled it but had this cron error:

the file <b>/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/task_manager.php</b> has been encoded with the <a href="http://www.ioncube.com">ionCube PHP Encoder</a> and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so <a href="http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php">ionCube PHP Loader</a> to be installed.

Solved the problem by hashing out the line in /etc/crontab

Jon

It's a bug/typo in the installation script, the crontab should be:
Code:
* * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php -c /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/shared
/php.ini /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/task_manager.php

I'll release an update in the next few days :)

Last edited:
My mail server has not been working properly for the past couple of days. If you have sent an email but haven't gotten a response back yet, please resend your email.

I deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

jmstacey said:
It's a bug/typo in the installation script, the crontab should be:
Code:
* * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php -c /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/shared
/php.ini /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/task_manager.php

I'll release an update in the next few days :)

I installed the toolbox on another server and get the same error message as above?

Jon

Hmm,
I get the following error when updating:

Error unpacking /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/plugin.tar.gz : Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/plugin.tar.gz : gzip: stdin: not in gzip format /bin/tar: Child returned status 1 /bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors : tar returned error code 512

Back