Release: JTbox (Jon's Toolbox)

The easiest way is to delete and then reinstall JTbox.

Or deleting plugin.tar.gz should also do the trick.

Login as root via ssh or console
cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox
rm plugin.tar.gz

Then try updating again.

I'll send DA an email requesting this be done automatically, otherwise I'll add it to the install and update scripts.

This worked but I am now getting:

Could not open input file: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/runner.php.
every minute

That looks like a left over cronjob from v1.
v2 now removes it automatically when being uninstalled.

/etc/crontab.conf should only contain the one cronjob for task_manager.php

Code:
* * * * * root /usr/local/bin/php -c /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/shared
/php.ini /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/jtbox/task_manager.php

Let me know if you have any other problem :)

What exactly is FREE about JTBox. Seems that the actually utilities cost money.

JTbox is basically just the framework used by the modules. I made the move to charge on a per module basis to allow greater flexibility, reducing the cost for the users by not having to buy it as a whole.
This move also opened up the possibility of free modules, such as the upgrade utilities.

The pricing structure might be changed again. My acountant is strongly urging (in that acountant kind of way) to revise the structure.

I would appreciate some feedback from current and prospective customers on the current pricing structure. Do you like it the way it is? What way would you like to see it go?

Last edited:
I want to make one comment, and I hope you'll consider it. Please feel free to contact me privately to discuss the issue I raise, but if you do, remember that I prefer email to private messages.

In my opinion the DirectAdmin community is not large enough to do things the way the beancounters would have you do it.

I can't imagine what an accountant would tell you, except perhaps to make sure you're making a profit on each of your offerings.

But I urge you to consider that in the DA community, it's not really that simple.

For example, based on our current sales of SpamBlocker Plugin we'd:

a) raise the price considerably

b) never create another plugin again

if we listened to the accountant.

Jeff

Ok..so I used the link from the first post to get the free framework and installed it.

I put in the phpAudit generated key and it says "invalid". It show s the following options though...do these work or are they just disabled entries?

Domain
Move Domain

IP Management
Change IP Netmask

JTbox
Configuration

Server Management
Upgrade Utilities

User
Change User Status
Reassign User

sullise,
Send an email to [email protected] with your license and I'll look into why it's saying invalid.
The most common cause is because ifconfig is not executable by the user.
I have a solution, it's just a matter of getting down and writing it.

JTbox comes bundled with all available modules that I provide. You can delete or deactivate modules through the Module Management page. (JTbox->Configuration->Module Management)
That will remove them from the JTbox menus.

Jeff,
I'll send an email your way as soon as I get a chance this week. I would love to hear your advise and past experiences that might help.

After some extensive research, I have come to the conclusion that ifconfig is not a security risk to have executable by users.
As such, JTbox will require it to be executable in order to function.

Additional checks and error handling will be implemented in the event that it is not accessible.

I would also like to add that if you can provide some hard evidence to the contrary, feel free to inform me about it and I'll reopen research for alternative methods.

All modules have been updated to take care of the /sbin/ifconfig issue as well as some other bugfixes.

Please note that the TOS/EULA has been updated. You can find a copy located here

All modules have been updated to take care of the /sbin/ifconfig issue

This won't affect it to where it will not work properly if we don't have ifconfig chmodded (well what i mean is the module would still install, just whatever function that requires it won't work correct?)

JTbox and its modules will still install, however an error message will be generated if /sbin/ifconfig is not executable and sent via the ticket system or by email depending on your settings.

2.1.2a has been released which fixes an install/upgrade bug causing ioncube errors.

If 2.1.2 is working properly for you, you do not need to upgrade.

Back