Votes: 0 0.0%
  • €30 - €40

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • €20 - €30

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be happy to release the exim.conf file as open-source. I always do.

But no, I won't release the plugin as open source.

And it's going to be hard to manage the exim.conf file without a plugin as it's going to require a section added to exim.conf, and modified in exim.conf, every time certain changes are made.

Our model is to give away the method admins can use for doing it from the command line, and to sell the method for doing it through a control panel.

:)

Of course you're welcome to create a free plugin for the exim.conf file. I assure you it won't be trivial. That's why it's taking so long.

Jeff

I agree with the GUI - script separation. Everybody is free to come up with an OS plugin.

About Mailblocker pro, I would love it if it could be very flexible. e.g. Disable Spamassasin, enable Dpsam, etc.

interfasys said:
I agree with the GUI - script separation. Everybody is free to come up with an OS plugin.
The way we see it is we have to profit on something we do. So we choose to give away the scripting and sell the programming. I hope it makes as much sense to you as it does to us.

We're familiar enough with the command line that we don't even use the plugin.
About Mailblocker pro, I would love it if it could be very flexible. e.g. Disable Spamassasin, enable Dpsam, etc.
Mailblocker Pro will be extremely flexible.

I'll post a request for suggestions soon.

Jeff

I'm happy to see this. And hanks or the offer to use this new option for 'free' when one already bought Spamblocker.

Still now news from Onno...

If I wrote somewhere that I'd supply Mailblocker Pro free to anyone who bought Spamblocker Plugin, please let me know so I can change the post.

What I wrote in this thread, and what I will do, is:
offer the full price paid for SpamBlocker Plugin against MailBlocker Pro.
What that means is for example, if you paid $29.95 for SpamBlocker Plugin, and MailBlocker Pro sells for $100, we'll offer you MailBlocker Pro for $70.05.

Note that I am NOT writing that MailBlocker Pro will sell for $100; I haven't set the price yet.

Jeff

Solden said:
I'm happy to see this. And hanks or the offer to use this new option for 'free' when one already bought Spamblocker.

Still now news from Onno...

Sorry for the prolonged absence, I've been ill. Everything is going much better now and I will read this thread in detail to figure out what you guys are missing/having problems with.

Just to correct your post... You did not buy SpamBlocker, it's free with your DA installation, what you bought is the Plugin to manage SpamBlocker from the control panel. These are and will always be 2 separate things.

Regards,

Solden said:
Jeff, unfortunately Onno isn't responding to tickets and mails at all... :( I'm getting a little more impatient by the day. Could you please help out here (by contacting Onno e.g.)?

For me it's still the old "tal error: SourceGuardian Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/admin/index.php on line 2" problem.

SourceGuardian is becoming more of a problem than it's worth. I have bitten the bullet and gotten Zend. I will be attempting the first encoding with it this week and as soon as I get the version working I will post a new version of the Plugin.

nkommunikation said:
Well... look like I have been "caught" too... I just asked a full refund from paypal... there is no way to make that script work on our servers. Always the same error :

Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/scripts/setup.php on line 2

Guess ill use the old method to block the tons of spam im getting.

Hi,

There is no discussion about being "caught", we are and will continue to support our product. I have not seen your refund request so please submit it again if you feel you want your money back or hang tight for a couple of days while I get Zend sorted out and provide a new version of the plugin using Zend-encoding.

Regards,

Solden said:
Onno's site is offline and he is not responding to any support tickets. I am starting to worry. If this is not going to change I will try to get my money back with the help of the Dutch Consumer Organisation (as I am Dutch too).

Onno, come on, don't let it get this far!

My site was offline temporarily due to server issues but it's online and will remail so. If you want your money back ask for a refund and I will give it back as soon as I can. I have no intent to keep any money when I have not provided a product.

There will be a new version in a couple of days encoded by Zend that should solve the problems with SourceGuardian.

Please let me know what link you are using for the Ticket System because I have not seen your ticket and I would like to know if you're using the correct URL and if things are not getting to me I would also like to know that so I can fix the problem.

regards,

Saeven said:
Well, if my experience counts for anything - avoid this plugin at all costs. I've filed helpdesk tickets, waited nearly a month, have resorted to a PayPal dispute to try and get the $30 back (on an ethical grounds) and unfortunately got this in return:

Buyer beware - perhaps our $30 can save yours..

Good luck.
Alex

Hi Alex,

This dispute never got to my account. I will refund your money without question. Please provide me with your DAPlugins login ID and if possible the license ID.

In the meantime I will ensure you get a refund.

regards,

Re: ERROR

psdesign said:
License Error: Invalid license key. Please contact your software vendor for support.

Please enter a valid license key on this page,

What do i have to do, when ik click on the link i see:

Unable to execute your request

Details

A valid file was not found

Please provide the following details so I can have a look...

DA Plugins username
DA Plugins License ID
License Code used
URL you use to manage the plugin
IP address of the server the plugin is installed on.

regards,

Could you work on the packaging.
I'm still stuck with 1.7.1 because of this:
Error unpacking /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/plugin.tar.gz : Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/plugin.tar.gz : tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format : tar returned error code 256
Thanks.

interfasys said:
Could you work on the packaging.
I'm still stuck with 1.7.1 because of this:

Thanks.

Hi,

We have repacked but have a problem with the install script returning a non-zero value for some reason. Hopefully we will get it sorted out in the next day or 2 and then the new version will be available for download.

Regards,

resolveit said:
Hi Alex,

This dispute never got to my account. I will refund your money without question. Please provide me with your DAPlugins login ID and if possible the license ID.

In the meantime I will ensure you get a refund.

regards,

You never claimed the refund :( .. Please tell me which email address to use to refund you the money.

Regards,

Version 1.8.0 is available for download/upgrade. Please let me know if there are any problems and I will attempt to resolve them as soon as possible.

Please note that Jeff Lasman (known as jlasman) on these forums has got nothing to do with the SpamBlocker Plugin, this plugin was written by Resolve-IT! to manage the exim.conf file called SpamBlocker by Jeff Lasman. These are 2 seperate applications, the exim.conf file is distributed free of charge with your DA installation and the Plugin is a paid product.

Kind Regards,

Same problem on FreeBSD

spamblocker successfully downloaded
Error unpacking /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/plugin.tar.gz : Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/plugin.tar.gz : tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format : tar returned error code 256

Ok On one server it worked but one my main server all I can get is as below.
Regards

Les

Ps I have loged in and the key is correct

License Error: Invalid license key.

Please contact your software vendor for support.

Please enter a valid license key on this page
You can log into your account at http://www.daplugins.net to obtain the correct license code.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LICENSE USES IP ADDRESS AND HOSTNAME (URL) FOR VALIDATION!

interfasys said:
Same problem on FreeBSD

Hi,

I just installed it on 17 of my own servers from the same URL's and they all upgraded without any issues. I do not have an answer as to why the package is considdered courrupt when you download it from your server. Please try to download it manually and then install from your local copy (first ensure you can unpack it on your local machine).

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back