Votes: 0 0.0%
  • €30 - €40

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • €20 - €30

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this post should be locked and the link to the plugin should be removed to prevent others from getting into this mess...it's apparent that the author isn't responding to people's plea's and I can understand their frustration..

Who said anything about losing Jeff ?

The entire linux community has already suffered a great loss when Hans Reiser was jailed for allegedly murdering his wife; I fully intend to stay out of jail and to stay part of the DA community :) .

I've been incredibly busy lately so my visits to the forum have not been as often as they once were, but I'm coming back :) .

Onno and I are no longer partners, and since he wrote SpamBlocker Plugin, it was only natural that he get it back as part of the split up of our assets.

Right at the top of this thread I've posted information on getting help from Onno. Please keep me posted if he's not responding to tickets sent to the ticket system.

While I could lock, or even delete, the thread, I still think that SpamBlocker Plugin is very valuable and that it should be left available.

In the meantime if you're out there, and know PHP, and want to write plugins for me, let me know :) .

Jeff

jlasman said:
Right at the top of this thread I've posted information on getting help from Onno. Please keep me posted if he's not responding to tickets sent to the ticket system.

Jeff, unfortunately Onno isn't responding to tickets and mails at all... :( I'm getting a little more impatient by the day. Could you please help out here (by contacting Onno e.g.)?

For me it's still the old "tal error: SourceGuardian Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/admin/index.php on line 2" problem.

I believe Onno and Budgethosting are one. Perhaps you can give him a call. Take a look at his site for info.

Well... look like I have been "caught" too... I just asked a full refund from paypal... there is no way to make that script work on our servers. Always the same error :

Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/spamblocker/scripts/setup.php on line 2

Guess ill use the old method to block the tons of spam im getting.

I'm caught in the middle on this :( .

I've just sent Onno a link to this thread, but Onno doesn't read my emails any more quickly than he reads yours :( .

Jeff

Onno's site is offline and he is not responding to any support tickets. I am starting to worry. If this is not going to change I will try to get my money back with the help of the Dutch Consumer Organisation (as I am Dutch too).

Onno, come on, don't let it get this far!

Well, if my experience counts for anything - avoid this plugin at all costs. I've filed helpdesk tickets, waited nearly a month, have resorted to a PayPal dispute to try and get the $30 back (on an ethical grounds) and unfortunately got this in return:

Dear saeven.net consulting inc,

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Transaction Date: Oct 25, 2006
Transaction Amount: -$29.95 USD
Your Transaction ID: 7SP1507034557221U
Seller's Transaction ID: 79S71745D7499142H
Case Number: PP-216-724-077
Seller's Name: Resolve-IT! BV
Seller's Email: [email protected]

Buyer beware - perhaps our $30 can save yours..

Good luck.
Alex

While I can't do anything about SpamBlocker not working, we're working on Mailblocker Pro, and as soon as it becomes available we'll offer the full price paid for SpamBlocker Plugin against MailBlocker Pro.

The problem with finishing MailBlocker Pro is that we need a way to protect it that doesn't depend on a licensing server that may have problems, and a version of encoding software that may become out of date.

If you've got any ideas, please feel free to contact me by writing my email address in my sig, below.

Thanks.

Jeff

jlasman said:
While I can't do anything about SpamBlocker not working, we're working on Mailblocker Pro, and as soon as it becomes available we'll offer the full price paid for SpamBlocker Plugin against MailBlocker Pro.

The problem with finishing MailBlocker Pro is that we need a way to protect it that doesn't depend on a licensing server that may have problems, and a version of encoding software that may become out of date.

If you've got any ideas, please feel free to contact me by writing my email address in my sig, below.

Thanks.

Jeff

I have a way, let's get together on PM....

As far as i can see from the script, your versions of sourceguardian (or zend engine) are not right.

maybe someone can post the header off the index.php page. Then i can check what versions / programs / php extensions you need to make it work?

- Mike

Last edited:
Mik3yZ,

Please try writing a PM to resolveit, or use the contact information I put at the top of the first post. Perhaps you can help Onno figure out the problem.

He's also in the Netherlands so you're both in the same timezone.

Jeff

manny2008 said:
Would love to see what this product has to offer...
Mailblocker Pro will include much more sophisticated antispam features built around SpamBlocker and SpamAssassin, and ClamAV, and lots of other tricks as well.

It should work on a per-domain basis; in other words all features will be conrollable on a per-domain basis.

The exim.conf file for it is almost finished, but to make everything work on a per-domain basis, it has to be controlled by a plugin (it can't be a static exim.conf file), and I'm looking for someone to help me with that part of the equation.
Desperately seeking a way to control spam, how much do you plan to charge for it!
I don't know yet. It's quite a bit of work, and hopefully will be as good as some of the external appliances on the market.

Jeff

Could just release it as opensource...wouldn't need encryption then. *hint hint* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back