cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

I get "Extracting cPanel backup..mv: cannot move `/root/import/user' to a subdirectory of itself, `/root/import/user/user'" with every backup now ;) It's a minor bug, but needs to be fixed.

I get "Extracting cPanel backup..mv: cannot move `/root/import/user' to a subdirectory of itself, `/root/import/user/user'" with every backup now ;) It's a minor bug, but needs to be fixed.
Hi,

Which version of the tool is that with? Did cPanel change something? What version of cPanel is it?

Thanks, Phil

Cpanel 11 :) And the beta version of this tool. Backups are fine, the script is just showing this "error".

i'm getting the same thing. how can i get around this issue?

i'm getting the same thing. how can i get around this issue?
I've been unable to reproduce this with backups from a cPanel 11.1 server.

Some questions:

1/ What is the full filename of the cPanel backup file? (e.g., cpmove-user1.tar.gz)

2/ Was the above backup file generated by /scripts/pkgacct or the 'Full Backup' GUI tool?

Additionally, if you don't mind, sending me a "skeletal dump" of your cPanel backup may help:

tar tzf CPANELBACKUP.TAR.GZ | mail [email protected] -s 'CP backup skeletal dump'

Thanks, Phil

Should sent mail be transferred from cpanel to directadmin also?

I did a transfer but the sent mail did not get thru.

Is there a config I should look into?

Should sent mail be transferred from cpanel to directadmin also?

I did a transfer but the sent mail did not get thru.

Is there a config I should look into?

Whether sent mail is transferred would depend on a lot.

If
1) cPanel was in Maildir format,
2) cPanel stores Maildir sent mail is the same place (just in a different 'folder') as received mail, and
3) you used the beta version of this script,
there's a good chance sent mail would be copied over.

To investigate further, I suggest examining the part of this script that does the actual mail copying. Then check the directory it copies for each mail box for any hint of sent mail.

Cheers,

1) cPanel was in Maildir format, -
2) cPanel stores Maildir sent mail is the same place (just in a different 'folder') as received mail, and
3) you used the beta version of this script,

1. yup followed the conversion procedure and was able to convert another account into maildir

2. Not sure how to check this but will try.

3. Yup, using the beta version :)

should i just try repeating the process?

You could try. If you don't mind, send me the skeleton of the cPanel archive:

tar tzf CPANELBACKUP.TAR.GZ | mail [email protected] -s 'CP backup skeletal dump'

You can cut the user's home directory files out of it if you wish (put | grep -v public_html after the tar command)

Phil

hi,

sorry but how do i generate a skeletal dump?

I also emailed you a cPanel demo account

Please help! I've used the script to successfully transfer some live sites (yay!) but whenever any changes are made to the account, DA insists on adding the old Apache1.x lines back into the custom httpd.conf which causes apache2.x to croak when it tries to restart.

The offending lines are:

Listen 80

User theusername
Group thegroupname

I can delete them from /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USERNAME/httpd.conf and then restart apache with no trouble. But then any changes made through DA (such as enabling SpamAssassin) causes the offending lines to reappear -- effectively killing Apache.

How can I permanently kill those lines?

I followed the proccess using 9beta1.tar.gz and all files were transfered, but I an not seeing old emails when I login to webmail. I was using cPanel 11.10.0 and maildir is enabled. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I've been unable to reproduce this with backups from a cPanel 11.1 server.

Some questions:

1/ What is the full filename of the cPanel backup file? (e.g., cpmove-user1.tar.gz)

2/ Was the above backup file generated by /scripts/pkgacct or the 'Full Backup' GUI tool?

Additionally, if you don't mind, sending me a "skeletal dump" of your cPanel backup may help:

Thanks, Phil

1/ I think the backup is called cpmove-apcom.tar.gz (apcom is username) when first created. I renamed to apcom.tar.gz
2/ I used /scripts/pkgacct
I sent the dump with subject "CP backup skeletal dump from mpat89" - you may have got from monil too, ignore that one.

Your help is much appreciated! I'm eager to move cpanel users over to this lovely new panel :P

1/ I think the backup is called cpmove-apcom.tar.gz (apcom is username) when first created. I renamed to apcom.tar.gz
2/ I used /scripts/pkgacct
I sent the dump with subject "CP backup skeletal dump from mpat89" - you may have got from monil too, ignore that one.

Your help is much appreciated! I'm eager to move cpanel users over to this lovely new panel :P
Hi,

I got the email. However, was the cPanel conversion tool run after the archive was renamed? If so, try the conversion tool again with the original "cpmove-apcom.tar.gz" archive; this conversion tool is designed to use archives created by cPanel directly.

Phil

Last edited:
I have converted the file using the original name.

737M import/
12K export/

The bulk of data is mail in the import backup. Obviously, it has not been transferred over to the export backup. Is there a way I can resolve this issue as I need to transfer the actual stored emails over too.

Just in case someone else runs into the same problem with httpd.conf getting rewritten with old Apache1.x junk, the solution seems to be adding a line your directadmin.conf like so:

apache_ver=2.0

Note that "2.0" is used even if you're using Apache 2.2. Restart DA and you're good to go. For some reason, custombuild doesn't seem to add this line as you'd expect (although perhaps this will be fixed very soon).

So it turns out that this issue isn't at all related to the conversion script. Hope this helps someone.

Sean

df-sean, it will add that if it's needed :) It was a bug for new installs some time ago, and it's fixed now.

Back