[PLUGIN] Softaculous for Direct Admin

Sorry Pucky, but I have to disagree with you.

In my case I would be purchaing this plugin, instead of Installtron.

Why ?

Well, for the same reason he created it. Becuase he is going to add a ****load more scripts that deserve a chance (like he said previously) that other systems did not give a chance to. Scripts that I would likle to offer my customers.

That's why I dissagree with you. Becuase he IS offering something different, or in this case, better, and cheaper.

I can afford 60, 20 , or 120. But I am going to pick Softaculous in this case, like many other will too.

And, hey. That's life.

It's got nothing to do with the price of the various licenses. It's about a product that does what people want. Personally I'd be more likely to use Softaculous if it were a commercial product, but that's just me.

If Pucky was right about software, then I guess Linux would never have been written, or FreeBSD, because in both cases commercial products were available doing the same thing, and after all, everyone in business could afford to buy them.

Pucky, please feel free to reply, but if you do, please try to make sure it doesn't look like a personal attack.

Jeff

Its not free anymore?

Softaculous has a free version as well.

Id like to ask, what is the purpose of even writing this application? To step on the toes of others, eg Installatron and for what purpose? Im sorry but if you cant afford $60 bucks a year to install and run Installatron you should get out of the biz. But to me, this is a direct slap in the face and you have not offered anything that hasnt already been written. You get zero brownie points here.

Instead of wasting time creating applications that already exsits, you time could have been better spent creating a plugin that was not already created. I can think of about 20 plugins that could have been developed instead of this.

Pucky I would say you please look at our demo:
http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser

Please have a look at what Softaculous can do.
Softaculous has 108 scripts. Softaculous has Ratings, Reviews and Demos of all scripts it installs.

Also we like to give new scripts a chance to show off themselves and hence we add new scripts which have potential and are likely to be better software.

And if you have some more ideas of Plugins then please post it.
If not us then some other developer might pick them up and not make the same Plugin as we have done!

If you would like to share more information with ideas please do. We would be happy to incorporate them into Softaculous.

Regards,
Alons

At some point will this be updated to properly chown -R user:group the files being installed?

With suPHP running in paranoid mode you have to manually on ssh2 go and chown -R the directories once they install. Besides that slight annoyance it seems to work fine on freebsd 7.2 64bit.

for some weird reason its giving me an error, says it cant write install_softaculous.php

any suggestions?

Instead of wasting time creating applications that already exsits

Pucky even you do not believe this. Probably every type of product you own is made by different companies. People buy the same type of product from different companies for various reasons.

Instead of trying to tear people down why not try saying something upbuilding. Be happy that another company is doing to the same thing which creates competition and results in better products.

If you look at post 93 in this thread you'll see that the folk who write Softaculous are awaiting your reply to a question they've asked you.

Jeff

Do i need to install ioncube at php.ini before installing softaculous? Or i may place ioncube dir to smthg place?

How can i use separete php.ini with softaculous? I dont want to load ioncube in my working server

Back